Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Activeaid owners : what is the longest it has lasted before the vinyl splits

My Dad had two of the waterfall cushions, and they cracked in mere months. It may also depend on your size/weight etc. my Dad was 6' 2" and about 215 lbs at the time. Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by hlh View Post
    My Dad had two of the waterfall cushions, and they cracked in mere months. It may also depend on your size/weight etc. my Dad was 6' 2" and about 215 lbs at the time. Who knows.
    For fear of responding to your post now because you harbor irritation with what I have posted to you in the past, but I will persevere with comments...don't get all upset and defensive...I am 6'3" and 130 lbs. I don't know if that makes the difference at all between your father's experience and mine with the Active Aid seat cushions. But, I think some of the tips from the Active Aid customer service agent may have some validity.

After two years, my cushion looks like it did when I bought it. I don't have any splits or cracks or drying...Maybe it has something to do with where we live, what water quality is like, what kinds of soaps we use...I don't know...and I am not casting derogatory comments your way....I am just making the observation, that I have had better luck with the Active Aid Waterfall seat cushion than others have had with any kind of Active Aid cushions...what is the difference...I don't know...I am not in your fathers situation or any other's situation of users who have a worse experience than I have had.

But, I have not experienced having to replace my Active Aid Waterfall cushion as often as other have expressed here.
    Last edited by gjnl; 10-11-2018 at 10:29 AM.

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    Thanks for the input.
    Yeah I baby my toilet seat. Wipe it down after every use with a wash cloth, just with water (our water is a little hard - PH between 7.0 - 8.0) and the vinyl just dries out and becomes brittle.
    6' and 200lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    For fear of responding to your post now because you harbor irritation with what I have posted to you in the past, but I will persevere with comments...don't get all upset and defensive...I am 6'3" and 130 lbs. I don't know if that makes the difference at all between your father's experience and mine with the Active Aid seat cushions. But, I think some of the tips from the Active Aid customer service agent may have some validity.

After two years, my cushion looks like it did when I bought it. I don't have any splits or cracks or drying...Maybe it has something to do with where we live, what water quality is like, what kinds of soaps we use...I don't know...and I am not casting derogatory comments your way....I am just making the observation, that I have had better luck with the Active Aid Waterfall seat cushion than others have had with any kind of Active Aid cushions...what is the difference...I don't know...I am not in your fathers situation or any other's situation of users who have a worse experience than I have had.

But, I have not experienced having to replace my Active Aid Waterfall cushion as often as other have expressed here.

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    Just spoke to Activaid.

They don't do the
    Comfortuff as a solid square... as in no cutout. So stuck with the vinyl for a solid square. This is for the bath seat/shower bench.
    http://activeaid.com/
    Last edited by NW-Will; 10-11-2018 at 05:21 PM.

NL was at the hardware store buying some car wash liquid and saw a couple products that might help keep vinyl commode chair seats from drying out. Has anyone tried using Armorall Protectant or Mother's VLR (vinyl, leather, rubber). Both products say they help vinyl seats and trim in cars from drying out and cracking.

The description for Mother's VLR is:
    Mothers VLR quickly and easily cleans, conditions and protects a wide variety of vinyl, leather and rubber surfaces. This pro-strength, pH balanced formula safely cleans even the most stubborn ground-in dirt, soil and stains. Infused with neatsfoot oil and lanolin, this all-in-one blend conditions and protects against drying, fading and cracking, in one simple step.

The Mother's product says it is not an oily protectant.