Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chair creaking/cracking

Ki seems to think something to do with my dog pulling me in my chair. Which TiLite has also said. I find this kind of well, lame. I really don't see how that has any bearing (haha) on it. They rotated fine when not in the chair, and when in, the left one screeched and scraped. I HAD to put lube on it or else it wouldn't move. The carbon ones were recommended. They're the newest FrogLegs. It definitely was not a bearing, as the issue persisted after a brand new one was put on. I sat there and said it's still catching, and that's when the rep went into how much they're doing for me. It's something that seems to always happen with me, treated like I'm just complaining over little things.

Quote Originally Posted by heartdog View Post
    How can I get independent risers? Like have them cut a footplate in half?
    Yes, or have your own cut, then use fasteners and aluminum tube spacers at whatever length you require. I would make them longer than you anticipate you need. Then shorten them if you need to until you arrive at your optimum.

Ki seems to think something to do with my dog pulling me in my chair. Which TiLite has also said. I find this kind of well, lame. I really don't see how that has any bearing (haha) on it. They rotated fine when not in the chair, and when in, the left one screeched and scraped. I HAD to put lube on it or else it wouldn't move. The carbon ones were recommended. They're the newest FrogLegs. It definitely was not a bearing, as the issue persisted after a brand new one was put on. I sat there and said it's still catching, and that's when the rep went into how much they're doing for me. It's something that seems to always happen with me, treated like I'm just complaining over little things.
    Interesting that your dog is responsible for the creaking from the outset. Is the TV show 'That's Incredible' still current?

I sat there and said it's still catching, and that's when the rep went into how much they're doing for me.
    So the rep is aware of his obligation? Well that is a good point to start from .
    What is his solution then, that you offer up a remedy to their quandary?
    Is the rep in a chair?
    Do you know any engineer types who can check the chair for symetry/alignment?
    Last edited by slow_runner; 10-29-2018 at 09:19 PM.

Western Australia - Hammer wielding daemon
    Screws are designed to come loose so must tighten them all the time. I carry a set of Allen keys with me.