Thread: Tilite Paint Issue?

Tilite Paint Issue?

Hello All,
    I have been in my chair since early June and for the most part it has been great. With that said the paint on the frame is starting to flake off on the top of the tubes that go down to the foot rest/casters. This is happening right at the tops of the tube where the bends are. The paint is not scratched but it is more like the tubes were not well prepared and the paint is loosing adhesion and bubbling and then flaking off.

I understand that chairs live hard lives and will not look new forever but I am surprised that this is happening after 4 months. Anyone else experience this?

I will get some pictures up this evening.

Cheers,
    Jim

My TiLite is missing a lot of paint, but only from where I’ve dropped/scraped/thrown/crashed/bumped/dragged it. This doesn’t sound normal to me.

Is there some type of warranty on the paint job? Have you been in touch with the company customer service dept.?

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Hello All,
    A bit of an update here. I talked to Numotion who put me in touch with the local Tilite rep. I sent off some pictures to them and at first they said "The paint is peeling in a contact area and would not be covered". I questioned her on why the paint is not peeling on the caster arms which take a lot more of a beating and she asked me to send pictures of the entire front of the chair. I just got a message this morning that Tilite is going to build a new frame for me. White I love the mat titanium grey paint I have decided to go satin so that there will be no more issues down the line.

I have to say I am pretty impressed that Tilite agreed there was an issue.

Cheers,
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by LJH View Post
    Hello All,
    A bit of an update here. I talked to Numotion who put me in touch with the local Tilite rep. I sent off some pictures to them and at first they said "The paint is peeling in a contact area and would not be covered". I questioned her on why the paint is not peeling on the caster arms which take a lot more of a beating and she asked me to send pictures of the entire front of the chair. I just got a message this morning that Tilite is going to build a new frame for me. White I love the mat titanium grey paint I have decided to go satin so that there will be no more issues down the line.

I have to say I am pretty impressed that Tilite agreed there was an issue.

Cheers,
    Jim
    Would not have guessed that chipped paint would result in a new frame -- under warranty? Good for you!!

I never recommend that customers get painted frames -- they will look like "spit" eventually. Of course, there are some users whose battered-looking frames is a badge of honor, signs of glory of living on the front lines. But for those who want their chair's appearance to hold up over time, a natural finish is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    Would not have guessed that chipped paint would result in a new frame -- under warranty? Good for you!!

I never recommend that customers get painted frames -- they will look like "spit" eventually. Of course, there are some users whose battered-looking frames is a badge of honor, signs of glory of living on the front lines. But for those who want their chair's appearance to hold up over time, a natural finish is the way to go.
    Yes, I took possession of the chair on June 8th this year. I am one who likes to have my stuff look good. My 2004 Audi S4 has been mostly garaged since day one and the paint still shines like the day it came off the assembly line even after 100K miles and many laps up at Lime Rock. It kills me that the new ride has to sit outside in the elements but the ramp is in the garage. This whole paralyzed thing makes taking care of stuff a bunch harder.......

Cheers,
    Jim