Thread: Opening site in full screen.

Opening site in full screen.

For some reason, I can't seem to get my web sites that are saved into full screen recently. Can't find a place to make it right in my settings. Using Windows 10. Seems to have happened after an update I think. Any suggestions out there? Will help with my frustration levels if someone has the right info.
    I refuse to tip toe through life, only to arrive safely at death.

Yesterday, NL started having what I think is a similar problem. She wanted to watch a video on granite restoration at the website of a vendor. She clicked on the "enlarge screen" icon and the video momentarily flashed full screen, then went back to the smaller screen presentation. When she tried again, the "enlarge screen" icon was not on the screen. She then tried playing other video content and had the same issue.

She is using a totally different platform than you use. She is on a MacBookPro, iOS 12, Mojave, using the Safari 10.13.6, browser.

She briefly searched for an explanation to the problem and found a couple references to out dated flash player editions etc., but we haven't dug deeper into this. May not have a thing to do with your issue, but a coincidence that we are experiencing similar problems.
    Last edited by gjnl; 10-07-2018 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtop1 View Post
    For some reason, I can't seem to get my web sites that are saved into full screen recently. Can't find a place to make it right in my settings. Using Windows 10. Seems to have happened after an update I think. Any suggestions out there? Will help with my frustration levels if someone has the right info.
    Have you tried to "manually" MAXIMIZE the window? E.g., historically (in Windows), this has been done by clicking the "maximize" control (located in the upper right corner of the window frame between the "minimize" control and the "close window" control). This capability quickly evolved to allow double-clicking on the window frame (a second attempt returns the window to its previous size). W7 also allows you to drag the window to a point where the mouse-cursor touches the edge of the screen; releasing the window there will maximize it.

[Sorry, I don't run W10 so I can't be more specific]