Thread: Abilities Expo in the San Francisco Bay Area

Abilities Expo in the San Francisco Bay Area

Coming soon to San Mateo Expo Center...Abilities Expo, Oct, 26-28

https://www.abilities.com/bayarea/vr...sm2018preshow3

Attended the Expo on Friday. It was a smaller show than even last year. Permobil/Roho, Quantum, and Ki were the only wheelchair vendors there.

Toyota had a booth with conversions by VMI and Braun. There were 5 vans on display. No other conversions were represented. No other car manufacturers were in attendance.

All in all it was a disappointing show and it seems to get smaller every year.

I looked at the list of exhibitors for the Expo Los Angeles in February 2019. It appears it will be a slightly larger show, but still not the size of shows I remember in years past.

Best part of the show was reconnecting with some acquaintances who are vendors.

Montion composites was there with the Apex chair.Did anybody had a look?

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Attended the Expo on Friday. It was a smaller show than even last year. Permobil/Roho, Quantum, and Ki were the only wheelchair vendors there.

Toyota had a booth with conversions by VMI and Braun. There were 5 vans on display. No other conversions were represented. No other car manufacturers were in attendance.

All in all it was a disappointing show and it seems to get smaller every year.

I looked at the list of exhibitors for the Expo Los Angeles in February 2019. It appears it will be a slightly larger show, but still not the size of shows I remember in years past.

Best part of the show was reconnecting with some acquaintances who are vendors.
    Agreed. Barely worth fighting traffic on 101 to get there. Too bad, I was really looking forward to the event.

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyFan View Post
    Agreed. Barely worth fighting traffic on 101 to get there. Too bad, I was really looking forward to the event.
    Or the $12.00 to park!

Quote Originally Posted by kasia View Post
    Montion composites was there with the Apex chair.Did anybody had a look?
    I spent a good half hour checking out the chair as well as talking w/ the booth people. It is really well made, noticeably lighter than my TR3 (which has a CF camber tube and a fixed back). If you have the ability to get one I would recommend it.