Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: hanging scale

be sure and calibrate/ check its accuracy. just hook a bag to it with power off then turn on and put a dumbell or weight plate in the bag should be spot on
    Quote Originally Posted by crags View Post
    I got my Crane hanging scale the other day. For the first use, I tried to make it as simple as possible and kept my sure hands spreader bar on. I took a climbing carabiner and clipped the shackle attached to the top of the scale to the pivot ring holding the spreader bar on. I then clipped another carabiner into the lower shackle I purchased as recommended. Using the hook, while acceptable for hanging a deer or a hog is not to secure when all four loops are piled up on the hook.

I took all four corners of the sling and clipped them into the carabiner. It was not too comfortable but I was only hoisted the absolute minimum until my butt was clear of my ADL table and the total time was probably less than one minute. I think if I play with the choice of loops to clip it would be more comfortable.

I would prefer not to take the spreader bar on and off to get my weight, though it is more comfortable.

I was pleasantly surprised to find I was about 8 to 10 pounds less than I thought.

I was a physically fit 165 before my injury, did not pay serious attention to what I was eating and ballooned up to 195, and ever since changing dietary habits have been able to lose close to 40 pounds.

As a quad, losing weight through exercise is pretty much impossible, it is primarily through caloric reduction and choice of foods.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

My PM&R group has a roll-on scale, I see them the most of anybody since they handle my pump, so I just weigh there. You have to know, or get out of your chair once, to be able to subtract the chair from your total.

Quote Originally Posted by Patton57 View Post
    I don't have a lift or medical bed with a scale. Are there any other alternatives for weighing one's self?
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Quote Originally Posted by Patton57 View Post
    I don't have a lift or medical bed with a scale. Are there any other alternatives for weighing one's self?
    I don/t nor acces to 1 I measure waist thigh I have lost 4 inches around waist 2 inches above knee I can look at my body know I have thru my clothes also.

I ride my bike about 4 to 8 miles a day weather permitting today I rode problaby 14 miles and I kinda sort follow the fast diet

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    be sure and calibrate/ check its accuracy. just hook a bag to it with power off then turn on and put a dumbell or weight plate in the bag should be spot on
    I purchased a scale just like yours. I will have it attached similar to this setup. How do you weigh yourself? Is the scale off until you are airborne then turn it on?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

lower it down all the way then connect straps, then turn it on and lift. like i mentioned above, calibrate first and check it every so often. i can get a pic of my setup
    also weigh your sling this same way so you can subtract, mine weighs 2lb exactly
    Quote Originally Posted by HACKNSACK44 View Post
    I purchased a scale just like yours. I will have it attached similar to this setup. How do you weigh yourself? Is the scale off until you are airborne then turn it on?
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

nice vicky, did u get tuned up??
    Quote Originally Posted by vjls View Post
    I don/t nor acces to 1 I measure waist thigh I have lost 4 inches around waist 2 inches above knee I can look at my body know I have thru my clothes also.

I ride my bike about 4 to 8 miles a day weather permitting today I rode problaby 14 miles and I kinda sort follow the fast diet
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

I'm using a Marsden hoist scale and get varying results, same process each time, weigh sling and clothes, turn on and check it is zero then hook up to sling, hoist check I am not touching anything and deduct weight of sling/clothes. I do one weighing getting hoisted into chair, do an FES bike session, no food or drink, another weighing going back onto the bed and then changed and weighed going back to chair (allowing for different clothes. I get 3 different weights occasionally kilos apart. Had scales replaced but it still varies. How accurate are anyone elses?

Quote Originally Posted by mrb View Post
    i'm using a marsden hoist scale and get varying results, same process each time, weigh sling and clothes, turn on and check it is zero then hook up to sling, hoist check i am not touching anything and deduct weight of sling/clothes. I do one weighing getting hoisted into chair, do an fes bike session, no food or drink, another weighing going back onto the bed and then changed and weighed going back to chair (allowing for different clothes. I get 3 different weights occasionally kilos apart. Had scales replaced but it still varies. How accurate are anyone elses?
    mine $40 hoist scale is spot on everytime. I weigh naked and same time every saturday morning. We do it twice. Have you checked calibration??
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    lower it down all the way then connect straps, then turn it on and lift. like i mentioned above, calibrate first and check it every so often. i can get a pic of my setup
    also weigh your sling this same way so you can subtract, mine weighs 2lb exactly
    I would appreciate a pic. So no tension on the scale, get strapped in, turn it on and lift till dangling freely? How long do have to get dangling freely?

dangle until u stabilize and scale stops bouncing. i bring mine down to chest height then hook straps then power on.
    Quote Originally Posted by HACKNSACK44 View Post
    I would appreciate a pic. So no tension on the scale, get strapped in, turn it on and lift till dangling freely? How long do have to get dangling freely?
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com