Thread: hanging scale

hanging scale

I have a surehands lift with a sling and am going to purchase some type of hanging scale. Has anybody with this brand of lift adopted a hanging scale to use with this brand and what were your adaptations needed? which scale did you use?

At first glance I can see that the 4 points for the sling will have to be joined to a common point for attaching to the scale.

I plan on doing it from the sitting position off of my exercise table and as soon as my butt clears the table and my weight is on the scale I wouldn't go up any higher, thus keeping it safe.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by crags View Post
    I have a surehands lift with a sling and am going to purchase some type of hanging scale. Has anybody with this brand of lift adopted a hanging scale to use with this brand and what were your adaptations needed? which scale did you use?

At first glance I can see that the 4 points for the sling will have to be joined to a common point for attaching to the scale.

I plan on doing it from the sitting position off of my exercise table and as soon as my butt clears the table and my weight is on the scale I wouldn't go up any higher, thus keeping it safe.

Thanks.
    This PDF entitled SureHands Lift and Care Systems gives details about the SureHands weighing scale. See page 55. https://www.surehands.com/assets/pdf...catalog_us.pdf

Thanks.
    this is what we use. super accurate. every so often we test it with a 20 lb weight.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...YAX4MHVP&psc=1
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

The scales from the lift companies are very expensive. I would lean toward the one posted by fuentejps if it will fit onto your lift.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    this is what we use. super accurate. every so often we test it with a 20 lb weight.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...YAX4MHVP&psc=1
    crags, only other thing we did was buy 2threaded clamps like these. this ensures your loops stay put. got them at lowes rated at 500 lbs each. be sure to weigh your sling and subtract it. mine weighs 2lbs even
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

Thanks fuentejps. Do you leave the scale attached permanently?

Does anybody have an idea as to what the surehands scale cost?

One could also use locking climbing carabiners, which pop on and off quite easily, but which snap into a locked position as the default.

Most of the scales built by the track lift companies run $500+.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Thanks fuentejps. Do you leave the scale attached permanently?

Does anybody have an idea as to what the surehands scale cost?

One could also use locking climbing carabiners, which pop on and off quite easily, but which snap into a locked position as the default.
    no, just on/off on saturday morning.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com