Thread: Questioning myself about attending w2w... Want opinions

Questioning myself about attending w2w... Want opinions

I try to attend w2w every year but honestly made the decision not to go this year because the agenda is frankly too heavy on ES... I guess I should have intended to go if not just for the opportunity to learn about current research but can't get excited about es and I don't know if that is the correct way to think... Hard for me to explain my feels about it
    Last edited by lunasicc42; 10-02-2018 at 08:18 PM.
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

You don't like hearing about ES?

By "ES" do you mean "epidural" or "electrical" stimulation? I count 2 presentations that are on epidural stim, out of 12 total, not including the panel talks...doesn't seem to heavy on epidural stim to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky831 View Post
    You don't like hearing about ES?

Thats the reason I implied that my feelings are mixed on es.... One on hand there are reports that ES is spectacular and can bring back many important functions, then there are just as many articles suggesting that we need to temper our enthusiasm... Those 2 things can't coexist to me and it's sad but I admit it, the fact that SCI research is so Notoriously rampant with weak results in the attempt to cure sci,it caused me to be leery of the spectacular type claims about es, it's like sci research itself has conditioned me to be on the pessimistic and/or skeptical side... And thats pretty terrible...

By "es" I mean epidural stimulation... My bad
    Last edited by lunasicc42; 10-03-2018 at 04:56 PM.

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    Thats the reason I implied that my feelings are mixed on es.... One on hand there are reports that ES is spectacular and can bring back many important functions, then there are just as many articles suggesting that we need to temper our enthusiasm... Those 2 things can't coexist to me and it's sad but I admit it, the fact that SCI research is so Notoriously rampant with weak results in the attempt to cure sci,it caused me to be leery of the spectacular type claims about es, it's like sci research itself has conditioned me to be on the pessimistic and/or skeptical side... And thats pretty terrible...

By "es" I mean epidural stimulation... My bad
    I was planning on attending, but I got a called from the University of Louisville to see if I wanted to screen for there epidural stimulation trail. Figured I go to see what exactly are they doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky831 View Post
    I was planning on attending, but I got a called from the University of Louisville to see if I wanted to screen for there epidural stimulation trail. Figured I go to see what exactly are they doing.

Cool, don't hesitate to keep us updated regularly... I myself like to be kept updated on very recent clinical updates, no matter how seemingly mundane

Sparky, do you have a link to information on the specific study you are considering

Yea for sure man. I'm going the week of October 29. I'm going to be there for a whole week Mon-Fri. I always check out clinicaltrails.gov or just google spinal cord injury then click News to keep up to date.

The name of the trail is Task and Physiological Specific Stimulation for Recovery of Autonomic Function, VoluntaryMovement and Standing using Epidural Stimulation and Training after Severe Spinal Cord Injury.

I was able to find it on clinicaltrails.gov as well
    https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT03364660

Sincerely hope you get some meaningful physical improvements homie