Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TiLite ZRA, TiLite TRA or Quickie 7R

I agree, the Tilite chairs frame does have a lifetime warranty so you should get a new one, you will likely have to pay shipping and handling but Tilite will replace it.

I had a problem with a TR frame twisting on me and Tilite built a new one to spec and had it out to me in a couple months. You should at least look into it as all it will cost you is some time and you could get a new frame...

The looks are a preference and I do agree the Z frame design is simpler and quite functional but I prefer the looks, rigidity and the opportunity to utilize products designed for bikes to attach to the TR frame. The less proprietary mobility aid products I can access the better it is for me.

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmay View Post
    I agree, the Tilite chairs frame does have a lifetime warranty so you should get a new one, you will likely have to pay shipping and handling but Tilite will replace it.

I had a problem with a TR frame twisting on me and Tilite built a new one to spec and had it out to me in a couple months. You should at least look into it as all it will cost you is some time and you could get a new frame...

The looks are a preference and I do agree the Z frame design is simpler and quite functional but I prefer the looks, rigidity and the opportunity to utilize products designed for bikes to attach to the TR frame. The less proprietary mobility aid products I can access the better it is for me.

Cheers,
    Hmmm..I wonder if I should pursue that?
    I think the early TRc must have much different structure than the later TRx chairs. I picked up a ZX-1 power module so I could attach it and get around our very hilly rural neighborhood. The lower frame tubes block the ZX from docking and there's no solution excepting another chair. I guess that's also why I find my TRc to be a problem loading across my body into the car and your's isn't (I'm 200lbs/not very big)
    If Ti would warrantee my frame, hopefully I'd receive a newer design.
    Worth a try! Who to contact? Certainly not my DME! They suck! (still waiting for revolution or refund for Frogs Legs they can't put on the AeroZ that took almost 2 yrs to get from them!) At least I can now attach my ZX-1 to my house chair.
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

If you read the fine print in their warranty, TiLite considers the "lifetime" of their frames to be 5 years.

I have had over 12 chairs since injury. I have the luxury of being injured on the job workers comp. Best chairs in my opinion are Ti lites my Tr chair is an awesome chair.

I am a Z frame user, my second one. First was fit horribly, Provider left my area. Customer Service bent over backwards, and the rep steered me to a new provider. They got that chair working even though fit was off. They later got me into a new one, the second one has been superb, like pfcs49 says, the perfect blend of form and function. Wish my insurance would fund a ZRA however, but my present Aero Z has been a superb chair in the first 15 months of being my main chair. And also the best chair I've owned in many years.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent T View Post
    I am a Z frame user, my second one. First was fit horribly, Provider left my area. Customer Service bent over backwards, and the rep steered me to a new provider. They got that chair working even though fit was off. They later got me into a new one, the second one has been superb, like pfcs49 says, the perfect blend of form and function. Wish my insurance would fund a ZRA however, but my present Aero Z has been a superb chair in the first 15 months of being my main chair. And also the best chair I've owned in many years.
    Hello from NJ! My, we do get around
    Maybe CC should have an audio forum!
    NW NJ

Hello back from Tennessee, pfcs49. You have a good point about an audio forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent T View Post
    Hello back from Tennessee, pfcs49. You have a good point about an audio forum.
    call me Phil!
    NW NJ

Love my ZRA. Only had quickies before and this is just worlds different. Paid out of pocket for it but totally worth it. So much less effort to push it, much more comfortable, in a pinch I can lift it myself because it is super light. I got a heavy discount on the carbon blade wheels which weigh nothing and are awesome.

I liked the Tra over the ZRA mainly because of the thinner tubing on the Tr. The. TR also seemed to felx much less than the ZRA. Hated trying to adjust both front wheels of the ZRA to stay at 90o.