Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TiLite ZRA, TiLite TRA or Quickie 7R

Question TiLite ZRA, TiLite TRA or Quickie 7R

New chair time....... TiLite ZRA, TiLite TRA or Quickie 7R......... anyone have any experience with any?

My current Quickie GTi has served me well... like the minimal design... need some customization flexibility off one of the above 3 choices... thinking ZRA or 7R maybe....

Anyone got any of them?

Ive got an 8 year old ZRA im sitting on. I’ve been happy with it

going with a TR for my next whip just because I haven’t had a dual tube type frame design before and I think it’s supposed to be a couple grams lighter than a ZR.

I advise not to get any of the Ti that have the new caster fork receivers (like my alum Aero-Z), the ones which are like a 2" horizontal tube that the fork stem goes into.
    Only a chair user would "get" this, but the fucking things interfere with stuff all over the place that the old design never did! Includes how they ram in to my rocker-panel and add to the distance of doing a car transfer.

My other Ti from 2000, has very minimal and slightly lower fork mounting. Not only does it work much better, it also LOOKS better!
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

Quote Originally Posted by funklab View Post
    Ive got an 8 year old ZRA im sitting on. I’ve been happy with it

going with a TR for my next whip just because I haven’t had a dual tube type frame design before and I think it’s supposed to be a couple grams lighter than a ZR.
    Been there/done that! The double tube frame may (did) present problems pulling it in across yourself because it is seriously "thicker" than the single tube chair.
    NW NJ

Quote Originally Posted by pfcs49 View Post
    Been there/done that! The double tube frame may (did) present problems pulling it in across yourself because it is seriously "thicker" than the single tube chair.
    You've got it backwards. The monotube is thicker.

Quote Originally Posted by August West View Post
    You've got it backwards. The monotube is thicker.
    True, the tubing of the single tube chairs is thicker, but the bottom of the double tube chairs is "thicker" because the tubes are several inches apart.
    When I was developing hand controls for an A2 GTI/5spd, the steering wheel was quite deep to allow a circumferential carriage and throttle ring to move up and down the tubular hub. Getting my car chair in and out wasn't that hard.
    Then my daughter and I went to Pocono for a track day event. Liz threw the TRc in the back and off we went. Coming home, I dropped her off at her mom's and she put the chair in the passenger seat.
    When I got home, there were times I thought I'd have to call for help! It took about 15 minutes to fight that POS TRc out past the steering wheel!
    NW NJ

I use a TR and prior had a ZRA and a Q7 before the ZRA. I am not a fan of Sunrise Medical so I won't comment on the quickie chairs, but there is nothing wrong with either Tilite chair, i put some offroad tires on the ZRA and use it as a chair for chores and working on my property in the country. The TR is my daily chair and I have not had any problem loading it into/out of my vehicles. I have a mustang, a wagon and an SUV that I drive. The thing I find is making sure that your vehicles drivers seat can move far enough back and recline enough to slide your chair across your chest and either put it behind or on the passengers seat. PS- get a car without power adjustable drivers seats if you can, they are slow and a pain in the ass if they break... Just my experience talking here.

Personally speaking I prefer the TR by far, I find it more comfortable, the frame feels just a bit more solid, specially the lateral stability.

Dual tube (TR) is stronger and stiffer. Mono tube (ZR) looks better.

More accessories fit TR than ZR. For example, I have a generic luggage rack that fits TR that won't fit ZR. For ZR you have to buy TiLite's luggage rack, which is bulkier, less adjustable, and way more expensive. Cup holders made for bikes fit TR. They don't fit ZR without some sort of adapter to accommodate for the thicker tubing.

I have a 2000 Z type? and a 2005 TRc.

I find the Z to be to be the simplest and most able marriage of form and function. I've beat the shit out of it for 18 years and it's stood up. Frame is as new.
    The TR frame cracked a year ago (in the area where the backrest expresses force into the frame) and I never liked it's battleship aesthetics.
    Seeing the crack, maybe they should have used heavier tubing?
    And stronger and stiffer? I concede from an engineering perspective that would likely follow, but from my numb asses perspective, theres no difference!

PS: I wanted to put the sidegaurds from the 1" TRc on the 1.25" Z. I drove out the pins that indexed it to the TRc using stress raising 1/4" holes in the upper tube, hogged out the clamps with my die grinder, fitted longer hardware, and love the guards now on my Z!
    NW NJ

I can feel the play in the ZR more than the TR. The faster I go the more I notice it.

If the frame cracks you should get a new one. It comes with a lifetime warranty.