Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TiLite ZRA, TiLite TRA or Quickie 7R

In case anyone is interested, Panthera X is the lightest wheelchair on planet Earth. It is Swedish-made. The frame without the wheels weigh mere 5 pounds.Google Panthera X and you will see it.

Interested. There's no pricing I could find. Any idea what these cost?
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

Quote Originally Posted by pfcs49 View Post
    This fellow says $10,000. Still interested? http://badcripple.blogspot.com/2013/...esson-and.html
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    This fellow says $10,000. Still interested? http://badcripple.blogspot.com/2013/...esson-and.html
    In case that price is too high, Panthera also makes a very slightly heavier chair for significantly less money, called the Panthera U3 Lite. http://www.panthera.se/en/produkt_U3_light.html. My son is about to receive one (funded, so its price must be considered “reasonable”!). I’ll post a review of it once it arrives.
    Gordon, father of son who became t6 paraplegic at the age of 4 in 2007 as a result of surgery to remove a spinal tumour.

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    Well, it's interesting

At first thought, I dismissed it out of hand. $10K and I'll break it!

Then, I thought a little deeper. This would be my new legs. Do I deserve something better than what I've been bound to for 23 years? What price can one put on such things?
    10K wouldn't be much of a burden financially in the big picture, for something that would hopefully be a partial game-changer??

But I am, after all, a Practical Pig, so I guess I'll not find out how much of a loss it might be.
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

I was at an Abilities Expo and it seemed like the Panthera rep wasn't having much luck selling them for their asking price of $12K. He was trying to work me for a sale saying the price was negotiable.

The fact that it only comes in 1 size was a show stopper for me. Even at half price, I'm not paying that much money for zero customization. Or am I?

The biggest strain on my shoulders is transferring the wheelchair into the car. At 5 lbs, the Panthera would be great for the shoulders, so it's not out of the question.

Then I got to thinking. You know what's even better for the shoulders? A van. For that type of money, I got myself a van with a lift and still had money left to customize it and fix it up.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    If you read the fine print in their warranty, TiLite considers the "lifetime" of their frames to be 5 years.
    they covered mine the frame cracked on both side in 2014 bought 2001

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by raymoh View Post
    In case anyone is interested, Panthera X is the lightest wheelchair on planet Earth. It is Swedish-made. The frame without the wheels weigh mere 5 pounds.Google Panthera X and you will see it.

A local para here in VB has one. (Paid for by the VA; he is fully service connected.) I've tried it. My Lasher has better pushing geometry for me. I couldn't believe how light it was lifting it, but it didn't push lighter feeling than my chair. Feel at the pushrims is all about geometry IMO. A few pounds out of a total rolling interia of between 150-200lbs for the average person just doesn't matter...until you go to lift the chair itself into the car!
    "If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Quote Originally Posted by pfcs49 View Post
    The company is called Panthera. They don't sell the wheelchairs to the general public themselves but through their dealers. In London, UK the price is ?6000 which is around $8000 dollars I guess. may be $8500. If you live in USA, search for Panthera wheelchairs in any search engine and you will find a local dealer. Alternatively, contact the Panthera manufacturer directly http://www.panthera.se/en/kontakt.html ask the contact details of their dealer in your area.

Oddity, I agree with your observation. It is very light. And does not come with push handles too.