Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Going in for Carpal tunnel release

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    Thank you all for your great advice and wishes. Sometimes it's tough to keep going after all these years. Seems this injury of ours takes a little piece of us time after time. First inclination is to give up; second one is to plow on to the next one. May we all
    enjoy the years we have left. As long as I can keep flat pickin' that ole gitar and uke, I'll be okay.
    There are few things as wonderful to have as an escape from the burden of SCI ..... as music. How wonderful you have that talent. We need to keep those fingers going. I hope your surgeon knows you are a musician!

Keep jumping those hurdles one at a time. We're right behind you. You're paving the way for us. And thanks for that.

Thank You, your encouragement means a lot. Yep, gotta keep going. When the surgeon phoned and asked when I want it done; I mentioned that I'd like to wait until my new Jumbo baritone was done. Before I could get all the sentence out my wife in the background yelled out,"as soon as possible". The doc laughed and said the admiral has spoken so will schedule asap lol. It'll be done Monday and will let everyone know how it goes.

Course the "what if's" come racing thru. I wonder if I'll still be able to grab the back of the passenger seat to help pull myself into the van etc..I must not dwell on the what if's but rather on maximizing my potential with what I have left.

I wish you a successful surgery, well designed and implemented rehab, smooth adaptation to needs as you heal, swift recovery overall, and comfortably paced return to making music.
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Good luck, man. We'll be waiting to hear back from you.
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

All the best to you Patrick and a speedy recovery

Good luck Patrick.

I hope you have an easy go of it Pat. We are pulling for a quick repair and full recovery.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Good luck, Patrick, and heal quickly.

Hello Everyone, Just a quick note letting you know everything went well. He didn't have to open the palm so did it Endoscopy. Was in the op room for 27 min. and took 8 min. to do the deed. Came home and slept for 4 hours and up a rarin' to go. The wrist is sore but have drugs to alleviate that if needed.

He said there's no restrictions for the average man but his knowing how I push it; said to take it easy til Thursday. I can already feel it's going to make a positive difference in my lifestyle. Helped with a transfer and was amazed it went so well.

Thank you and everyone else who was pulling for me in there.

Glad to read such a good report and do what the Doc said....