Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Transferring after hysterectomy

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    18fr over inflated. Used crede/valsalva before so I believe I'm damaged. Bladder shrunk to less than 50ml as well.
    Wow, that sounds unworkable. One of the reasons why I'm having my uterus removed is to make way for a future bladder augmentation (ie when they attach a piece of bowel to the bladder to increase the capacity). I've been stalling on this procedure for a long time, it's pretty prehistoric. I'm only considering it as I developed antibodies to botox - which previously worked very well.

Do you have a good urologist? 50ml is no way to live.

Here is an update for any future readers. Transferring after 1 day of bed rest was fine, I didn't need hoisting or a slide board. The advice from Smashms to take pain meds was very good advice, as my legs had some severe spasticity and spasms without it. Tramadol worked a treat for this. I spent 2 nights in hospital (I was passing out when I got up on the morning after the surgery, I think this was due to low blood pressure after the anaesthesia, but by that night I was ok). Day 3 and I am home. I am using an indwelling catheter for a few days so I can limit the number of transfers that I'm making. Ultimately I feel like the experience went very smoothly, and beyond the catheter, there wasn't much difference in treatment between me and an able bod.

all great news yes your spasms will increase due most likely to pain. glad recovery is going well so far.
    T6 Incomplete due to a Spinal cord infarction July 2009

Blog Entries
    That's great news! And, I might add that having my hysterectomy was one of the best decisions I ever made. I had mine done 7 months before my accident but not having to deal with the monthly thing was a blessing-plus I physically felt much better. A nurse friend told me that having those fibroids in there were sapping my health! I hope that you find you have more energy as well