Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Roho Agility back

Quote Originally Posted by landrover View Post
    I'm tall as well, 6'4". I'm wondering if an 18" back may be better? I do not like the back to hit too high, but if I lower anymore, I'm afraid the bottom of the backrest will be below the seat cushion height.

Also wondering how snug the lateral support should be. I am trying an 18" wide, and I feel like I'm crammed into the supports.
    I had similar problems when I tried a demo of the Agility Deep Contour Back. I am a C6/7 complete and it was nice to have the lateral/trunk support, but in the end, I decided on the Mid Contour because I didn't like the restrictions on my shoulder and arm movements That said, I'd love to have the Deep Contour support while I am riding in my van. But, I gave up some support for the freedom of movement.

I have the 16 wide by 20 high back. I'm a tall, thin body type. I would suppose someone built more robust than I am would find the 16 wide quite tight.

Does the mid provide a lot less support then the deep. More compared to the standard corpus back?

Does the mid provide a lot less support then the deep. More compared to the standard corpus back?
    I suppose "a lot less support" is relative to your injury level, and as I said, there are certain circumstances that I would like the support of a deeper contour. I don't know for sure, but I don't think the standard corpus has much lateral/trunk support at all.

I was using the lateral supports with the corpus back. I'm torn over my preference.

The issue with using the Max Contour Agility back on a Corpus 3G system is that the appropriate Agility width will be 2" greater than the appropriate Corpus back pan width. The wider the back width, the wider the arm bar spacing. The wider the arm bar spacing the greater the width of the chair and the greater the chances that location of the joystick and armpads will be less than optimal.

It has worked for some of my vets, but I typically try using the Corpus wedges or Permobil laterals with a 2" wider back cushion first. The wider back cushion increases the degree of contour provided by the Corpus back. It works effectively on 85-90% of the Permobils I prescribe.

Landrover,
    Are you using the Direct Backrest Frame, attached to the Corpus seating system to mount your Roho Agility Max Contour Back? https://permobilus.com/product/roho-...ount-hardware/

The second picture looks like what is mounted onto the original Corpus back system on my Permobil M300, then my Roho Agility Mid Contour backrest is mounted on that frame.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by gjnl; 09-26-2018 at 02:18 PM.

Yes, I am using the direct mount bracket. I'm leaning (no pun intended) on going back to the 3g backrest with the laterals. I noticed the same thing as mentioned above...the width of the max contour does not seem right...the lateral supports seem like they don't so much surround me (like my Personal Back Plus did on my old Invacare), as only the widest edge of the Roho back supports my sides.

Yes, I am using the direct mount bracket. I'm leaning (no pun intended) on going back to the 3g backrest with the laterals. I noticed the same thing as mentioned above...the width of the max contour does not seem right...the lateral supports seem like they don't so much surround me (like my Personal Back Plus did on my old Invacare), as only the widest edge of the Roho back supports my sides.
    Permobil/Roho does indicate at their site that the Agility Mid Contour can be flipped and mounted upside down if you will. But, I don't think that would be possible or desirable with the Max Contour.