Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roho Agility back

Roho Agility back

I am currently trying a Roho Agility Deep backrest, and I'm not quite sure where best to position. It is a 20" height.

Quote Originally Posted by landrover View Post
    I am currently trying a Roho Agility Deep backrest, and I'm not quite sure where best to position. It is a 20" height.
    Could you flesh out your question a little bit? I'm not certain what you are asking.

I use the Roho Agility Medium Depth backrest on a Permobil m3000.

Height wise. Too low and I don't feel like I'm getting enough upper body support, and if higher, wondering if the lateral supports are providing enough pelvic support.

Is it a matter of personal preference?

Height wise. Too low and I don't feel like I'm getting enough upper body support, and if higher, wondering if the lateral supports are providing enough pelvic support.

Is it a matter of personal preference?
    This might help: https://permobilus.com/wp-content/up...ual-011218.pdf

Too low and you won't get enough support. But you know that. More subtle problem is it being too high. You may not notice a problem right away. But it may limit your range of motion which can lead to problems over time like shoulder and neck pain.

I just went through this - i moved my Carbon back down 1/2" each day until i figured out what was too low. When it was too low, I would slip forward on wheelies, etc. Too high and it was hard to reach for stuff that normally was easy, so test your arm mobility if possible.

Thanks all. I had read the Permobil manual, but thank you for providing it as well!

If I lower it anymore (which I think would be preferable, the bottom of the backrest would actually fall below/behind my Roho seat cushion.

Thanks all. I had read the Permobil manual, but thank you for providing it as well!

If I lower it anymore (which I think would be preferable, the bottom of the backrest would actually fall below/behind my Roho seat cushion.
    My Roho Agility Mid Contour Back is mounted about 3 inches above the rigid seat pan on my Permobil M300, which puts the bottom of the foam on the back about even with the top of my Roho Contour Select cushion. I have a very long torso, at 6'3" (6'4" before accident).

I'm tall as well, 6'4". I'm wondering if an 18" back may be better? I do not like the back to hit too high, but if I lower anymore, I'm afraid the bottom of the backrest will be below the seat cushion height.

Also wondering how snug the lateral support should be. I am trying an 18" wide, and I feel like I'm crammed into the supports.

To first get in the ball park, I set up my backrest so that the top of my backrest is level with my spinal cord injury. Then, I start either adjusting it up or down incrementally until I find what is most comfortable.