Thread: Xbox Adaptive Controller Arrived Today

Xbox Adaptive Controller Arrived Today

I forgot that I pre-ordered this and it arrived today. Cost of the the controller is $99 but the switches and joysticks I'll probably have to buy are much more. What I like is that it is all "off the shelf" and I can replace pieces if needed. Most switches are made pretty rugged considering the population using them so I don't expect them to break quickly.

Microsoft has updated their page with more info on accessories and I expect there to be more videos etc. as more and more people get their hands on this. I think this will take a lot of trial and error until I can figure what best fits my daughter's play with her help.

Oh, almost forgot it will also work for Windows 10 machines too.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/...ive-controller

Have you managed to set up the controller? I bought one for my son to use on his computer as well as the xbox that he is running through his computer. He has had a hard time programming it. Any suggestions?

I've recently seen the commercial for this device. I've always joked that it's probably a good thing that I couldn't play today's video games because I'd probably never leave the house, but this is intriguing. I'm just wondering how someone like myself (C4/5 with only right arm ability to use a joystick, who uses a mouthstick) could use this device to effectively play a game like Madden.

I haven't set it up yet because my daughter has the Xbox One at school in Tucson. She'll be coming home to Minneapolis soon after finals and she will be bringing it home to try to figure out a setup she likes. She plays games like Call of Duty, Tomb Raider, Fortnite etc. I'll for sure post any info/pics of what we come up with.

I play Assassin's Creed and that has been a tough one for her to play with her current adaptive controller. There is a co-pilot feature on the Microsoft controller that I'm interested to try. We would basically split some of the duties between the two of us to play the same game. I think Assassin's might be a good try out of this feature.