Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vetericyn tolerance.

Can someone please post some pictures and instructions of what exactly you guys use and what type of syringes you use ETC? Some links with stuff would be helpful as well
    Basically like giving directions to a five-year-old?
    I might try this because I have been battling bad UTIs forever even though I have a poiesis medical duette catheter. Right now I'm on amoxicillin three times a day for the next two weeks....
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

ok i use
    1. 60 cc cath tip syringe. use once and pitch
    2. 3 vials gent mixed in 100 ml saline- 50cc morning/50cc night. leave in until next reflex void or cath. longer the better
    all covered by ins. i prefer mixing fresh weekly. vials are good for a year.

i get gent from my target cvs pharmacy and saline/ syringes from my uro supplier. 90 day supply at a time. my copay on gent is $30 per 90 days
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Thanks for all the replies and glad others are able to ask good questions. So if there are many others studies of gentamicin bladder flushes where are they? I’m not aware of any others and nor is my urologist. Not saying they don’t exist but we arnt aware of any.

I always thought that Microcyn AH and Vetericyn VVF where the same thing but VVF was twice the price. If someone can tell me what’s the difference and where do you order VVF these days.. I have to order some ASAP and need to know where you guys are getting it from. Appreciate the help and great full for this site and members
    Mark 9:23 - All things are possible for those who believe.

Quote Originally Posted by dewie27 View Post
    Thanks for all the replies and glad others are able to ask good questions. So if there are many others studies of gentamicin bladder flushes where are they? I’m not aware of any others and nor is my urologist. Not saying they don’t exist but we arnt aware of any.

I always thought that Microcyn AH and Vetericyn VVF where the same thing but VVF was twice the price. If someone can tell me what’s the difference and where do you order VVF these days.. I have to order some ASAP and need to know where you guys are getting it from. Appreciate the help and great full for this site and members

I don't think there are many other papers publishing well controlled studies of Gentamicin for UTI prevention. We are sharing are personal experiences, and I shared the experiences of my father's physicians, who have been working in the SCI world for a several decades and have been using Gent for years. Honestly, that's a lot more data than exists for Microcyn.