Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Valium

Quote Originally Posted by titanium4motion View Post
    If HACKNSACK44 sold between 20-50 of his vaiums on the street he is committing his own suicide. He is now short about 17 days at the end of his prescription and he will go through very severe withdrawal symptoms like I described in my post. He may even have a seizure and be fatal. You don't quite cold turkey for being on valium for 27 years.

As gjnl posted that prescription is between HACKNSACK44 and his doctor.

Ti
    You are right. I'm going to talk to the agency tomorrow.

If HACKNSACK44 sold between 20-50 of his vaiums on the street he is committing his own suicide. He is now short about 17 days at the end of his prescription and he will go through very severe withdrawal symptoms like I described in my post. He may even have a seizure and be fatal. You don't quite cold turkey for being on valium for 27 years.

As gjnl posted that prescription is between HACKNSACK44 and his doctor.

Ti
    True, but the state (or whomever is dictating this new procedure) doesn't know that HACKNSACK takes his valium every day. For all they know he hasn't taken a pill in 27 years and has been supplementing his income slanging them on the streets.

I met a guy who was prescribed four different opioid prescriptions with a total street value in excess of $20,000 per month. He openly admitted to not taking 3 of the prescriptions at all and taking a much lower dose of oxycodone than he was prescribed, yet he continued to fill the prescriptions like clockwork every month. He told me he had $150,000 worth of opioids "in a safe" at his house "just in case", but we both knew he was lying. He was making a very good living selling his medications, he probably didn't get full street value for them, but I bet he made six figures cash every year from dealing the drugs wholesale, which is a pretty decent supplement to SSD.

I don't buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by funklab View Post
    True, but the state (or whomever is dictating this new procedure) doesn't know that HACKNSACK takes his valium every day. For all they know he hasn't taken a pill in 27 years and has been supplementing his income slanging them on the streets.

I met a guy who was prescribed four different opioid prescriptions with a total street value in excess of $20,000 per month. He openly admitted to not taking 3 of the prescriptions at all and taking a much lower dose of oxycodone than he was prescribed, yet he continued to fill the prescriptions like clockwork every month. He told me he had $150,000 worth of opioids "in a safe" at his house "just in case", but we both knew he was lying. He was making a very good living selling his medications, he probably didn't get full street value for them, but I bet he made six figures cash every year from dealing the drugs wholesale, which is a pretty decent supplement to SSD.
    I was on morphine sulfate 30mg 6 times a day for my first shoulder injury year 2007. I was seeing a pain management doctor for this. On some visits for refill I was surprised by the doctor. He knock on the door and I replied, "Enter." and came in and said to me, "Drug test. We need a sample of your urine." If I failed the drug test I was rejected out of my treatment plan but I past all of them. I don't buy your story. This guy had to take a drug test somewhere along his plan. They check for all drugs in your system. If morphine sulfate was not presence in my urine I would have failed the drug test and rejected out.

Ti
    Last edited by titanium4motion; 09-19-2018 at 12:07 AM.
    "We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."

Actually, I think you will find that counting (by two nurses) is required by the agency because this med is administered by one of your home health LPNs. If you self administered only, then I suspect they wouldn't care. Sadly, drug diversion by health care professionals is rampant in hospitals and home care. They are monitoring their own staff...not you.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

I was on morphine sulfate 30g 6 times a day for my first shoulder injury year 2007. I was seeing a pain management doctor for this. On some visits for refill I was surprised by the doctor. He knock on the door and I replied, "Enter." and came in and said to me, "Drug test. We need a sample of your urine." If I failed the drug test I was rejected out of my treatment plan but I past all of them. I don't buy your story. This guy had to take a drug test somewhere along his plan. They check for all drugs in your system. If morphine sulfate was not presence in my urine I would have failed the drug test and rejected out.

Ti
    I have never taken a drug test for valium.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Actually, I think you will find that counting (by two nurses) is required by the agency because this med is administered by one of your home health LPNs. If you self administered only, then I suspect they wouldn't care. Sadly, drug diversion by health care professionals is rampant in hospitals and home care. They are monitoring their own staff...not you.

(KLD)
    I'm sure they are monitoring the nurses.

I was on morphine sulfate 30g 6 times a day for my first shoulder injury year 2007. I was seeing a pain management doctor for this. On some visits for refill I was surprised by the doctor. He knock on the door and I replied, "Enter." and came in and said to me, "Drug test. We need a sample of your urine." If I failed the drug test I was rejected out of my treatment plan but I past all of them. I don't buy your story. This guy had to take a drug test somewhere along his plan. They check for all drugs in your system. If morphine sulfate was not presence in my urine I would have failed the drug test and rejected out.

Ti
    What you describe above is standard practice for a doctor with an ethical medical practice. Not all of them are.

I know for sure he filled the meds because I ran the prescription monitoring report myself. I don’t know what incentive he would have to lie about not taking them... if we had just given him his “home meds” he would have had a massive overdose.

i hope this doc loses his license soon (I reported him to the medical board), but I’m sure another will pop up to take his place when he closes up shop. We have at least two docs in the area who will liberally supply you with all the opioids and benzodiazepines you want for $250 cash per 15 minute appointment (no insurance). No drug tests, no pesky questions about diversion or misuse.

It is a sad, sad, sad situation that we have to deal with an agency's "Big Brother" approach to our personal care. Just sad!

Anybody remember when the Government said that everybody should have a 6 months extra supply in case of a national emergency?
    Might have been 3 months but I thought it was 6. Now your lucky to get 30day or 90 day supply. If or when we have a national emergency a lot of people who can't get there medicine will die.

Over the last 40 years, our country has fought a full-on, no-holds-barred battle with drug addiction and the government has done everything in their power to abolish the supply of illegal drugs into the U.S. Strangely enough, the drug that continues to kill more people than anything on the street is completely legal (assuming you’re of age) and has very few restrictions on usage. That’s right, alcohol kills more than drugs. Alcohol kills more than any illegal drug out there today, and unfortunately, many addicts still see it as a safe alternative to illegal drug use. I got this from Google search.
    Art

Drug testing

Quote Originally Posted by HACKNSACK44 View Post
    I have never taken a drug test for valium.
    You don't have to get drug tested for valium even though you may get addictive to it after years of use. Drugs that are prescribed by a pain management doctor like opiums you get drug tested for.

Ti
    "We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."