Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Quantum 600 series Power Chair Problems

Agree with Mike P.'s [others] first paragraph. ''Engage/Dis-engage *Free-Wheel Levers.''

Quote Originally Posted by FREEJ View Post
    Agree with Mike P.'s [others] first paragraph. ''Engage/Dis-engage *Free-Wheel Levers.''
    It's been done a million times. Thanks though.

I meant motor brakes, not manual. Wrong lingo. Sorry. New to this!
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Think you don't have any errors on screen so:
    Had chairs in past that never had motors Dis-engaged. Til someone thought be easier to do so to just push chair away from bed. To find it would not engage next day. Often this required several cycle though engage/dis-engage til it would work. Sometimes a very hard engage jerk to lock motor.

Are you able or have someone that can check wiring harness to motor that's not working to insure non of the connectors are not unplugged?
    Checked make sure no wire was cut or smashed when tires changed?

At this point in time, I believe something is unplugged but the damn thing is so heavy, that I cannot check. There's a display code now - but there wasn't in the beginning which makes me think it was loose.

The chair worked before my friend's brother in law replaced the tires. I asked for it to be taken to a DME but they offered and took it instead saving me some cash.

The week before, I had asked the janitor in the building to help me fill the tires with air (awkward and I can't get to it unless I get on the floor and I didn't want to do that in my current state of health). He deflated both and said he couldn't fill them back up. He wouldn't take my $10 because 'he's a Christian man!' LOL Had to wheel on them flat 10 minutes to get home and situated into bed again.

The error code is the first post, but again, it did not appear at first.

I've not taken it apart yet.
    Last edited by lynnifer; 09-10-2018 at 04:54 AM.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

I know absolutely nothing about this, but I did a quick google search looking for the manual. I found it and scrolled through it. Pages 35, 39, 43, and 47 to be specific, are some pages that I noticed listed various error codes. I hope this helps. If not, having the manual anyway may be of some use to you, I hope. Good luck.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/65...antum-600.html

Yes, I looked all over. My joystick looks nothing like those. I appreciate the help though - thank you!

If there's error codes on power up then something probably came unplugged, or a bad connection. A picture of the joystick and a description of what the joystick is doing would be helpful diagnosing it. Google images probably has a pic of the joystick.

I have never known a free wheel lever to get stuck but motors on Pride chairs go out all the time!!

Even more so for a chair 4 years + old.

Why would a DME block you? I get they dont give free advice but thats crazy who is the DME?

Check local craiglist sometimes you can find mom and pop stores that do repairs sounds like a bad motor.

Next time you get used look for Permobil much more dependable then Pride!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Permobil-th...sAAOSwiBJaKZAL

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Permobil-th...sAAOSwiBJaKZAL

It?s getting worse. First the plug icon, then the motor brake and now a tool wrench icon! Pfffft
    Attached Images Attached Images  

The stupid plug icon is the charger doh! Never noticed before. At first the right side (side I can't reach) would seem like it wanted to go ... now it's just a turtle. No movement ... not even a backup bell.
    Last edited by lynnifer; 09-13-2018 at 07:46 PM.