Thread: Optimal chair back setting?

Optimal chair back setting?

Hello- just received a new Tilite ZR with a Roho Carbon low back. How high should the back sit on the canes? Is there any rule of thumb in relation to my shoulder blades that is optimal? Or should I try it higher for a week, then drop an inch or 2 and see what feels better.

Blog Entries
    It's all about you, your injury, and comfort. I (a T12) need a low-ish back (11.5-12") to maintain proper lumbar lordosis. Any higher and my pelvis wants to tilts under and I sit sacral after a short time. Feels like I'm being pushed forward also. It's an individual thing, though, for the most part.
    "If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Definitely a comfort thing, and I don't think there's any steadfast rule that states where you place the back on the seat canes. Too high, it may push you forward. Too low, it may make you feel like you'll lose your balance. Just play with it until you find the right spot - giggity.
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

Quote Originally Posted by Crappler View Post
    Definitely a comfort thing, and I don't think there's any steadfast rule that states where you place the back on the seat canes. Too high, it may push you forward. Too low, it may make you feel like you'll lose your balance. Just play with it until you find the right spot - giggity.
    thx

Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    It's all about you, your injury, and comfort. I (a T12) need a low-ish back (11.5-12") to maintain proper lumbar lordosis. Any higher and my pelvis wants to tilts under and I sit sacral after a short time. Feels like I'm being pushed forward also. It's an individual thing, though, for the most part.
    Thanks- I'm a T12 as well. I am feeling fairly forward right now, but I also have 1" less dump on this chair (went from 2.5" to 1.5"). I'll reduce the height an inch at a time until its perfect.