Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Challenging Ramp Building Project

Challenging Ramp Building Project

I've been building a deck extension and ramp. It's really hard! I used 2 x 8's for joists. My neighbor's son helped dig holes for the footings. I got down from the chair and did a little digging myself. I have a cushion that straps on (Jay Protector) so I can move around on the ground. I also have a hydraulic table cart from Harbor Freight. Strapping myself to my powerchair at chest level made it possible to use a digging bar.

Here's (I hope) a picture of the mostly finished frame:

[IMG]blob:https://www.icloud.com/6f668da0-d8de-4c2d-88d4-1d901b808bf1[/IMG]
    Rich

Excuse me as I learn how to post pictures! ICloud photos don't seem to be linkable.

I'm tired now after working with Trex decking for a few days.

I'm starting to think I'm almost too old for this kind of physical work.

T7 complete injury, falling off a ladder 13 years ago, on Labor Day weekend.
    Rich

https://photos.google.com/search/_tr...xuZO5tNcRestBz
    I'm almost finished installing Trex. A friend came over after work one night and we laid the deck boards. Other friends came for an hour and cut the 20' Trex board into pieces for the ramp.
    I used hidden fasteners starting from the top and working down. It was too hard trying to do it facing down the ramp. So I had to turn around and face up the ramp with my wheels on temporary boards.
    Rich

Quote Originally Posted by pararich View Post
    https://photos.google.com/search/_tr...xuZO5tNcRestBz
    I'm almost finished installing Trex. A friend came over after work one night and we laid the deck boards. Other friends came for an hour and cut the 20' Trex board into pieces for the ramp.
    I used hidden fasteners starting from the top and working down. It was too hard trying to do it facing down the ramp. So I had to turn around and face up the ramp with my wheels on temporary boards.
    Sorry I can't see your pictures. I don't have a Google account. The link provided asks for a Google uers name and password.
    Last edited by gjnl; 09-07-2018 at 02:02 PM.

These links do not work.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

I have a google account but haven't used it in awhile and forgot the password. But I know the amount of work involved, even for an able body. Must be a good feeling to be able to do what you did. Being a C7 that project would be way out of my parameters.

Getting down and dirty always makes me feel good. I drop back and admire what I have just done, smile, get grateful and then, feel tired.
    I refuse to tip toe through life, only to arrive safely at death.