Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TiLite Build Time?

TiLite Build Time?

How long does it take TiLite to build your chair nowadays once the order is in and complete?

I feel like I'm getting close to actually convincing my DME to put the order in and curious if I can expect to have the chair by the time I go on vacation out of the country in January.

Any recent experience?

Have you gone through the CAD and all, already? It's about a month for build and ship time. At least that's how it was for me last year.
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

No cad drawing yet. Still trying to argue insurance into covering Titanium upgrade, but win or lose that will probably be done in a month, then it will be time to order.

one month from order time isn’t half bad, in November it will be two years since I started the process of getting a new chair.

Two years? What the hell? How is that even possible?
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

Quote Originally Posted by Crappler View Post
    Two years? What the hell? How is that even possible?
    A very, very shitty DME and some horrific, terrible, atrocious human beings who "work" there. They fight me every step of the way, like they don't want me to get a chair.

Build times vary by model, but chairs in the Z and T family take about 10 business days unless there are options chosen that are not available directly from the order form such as Design Unlimited options or something even more custom.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    Build times vary by model, but chairs in the Z and T family take about 10 business days unless there are options chosen that are not available directly from the order form such as Design Unlimited options or something even more custom.
    10 business days, like when I sign off on the CAD drawing they ship it less than two weeks later, or 10 days like 10 days from when they get started on it after they get caught up with back orders?

Quote Originally Posted by funklab View Post
    10 business days, like when I sign off on the CAD drawing they ship it less than two weeks later, or 10 days like 10 days from when they get started on it after they get caught up with back orders?
    Not so many years ago TiLite published its build times on its FAQ page, so that's the info source I'm referencing. The build time was an estimate, not a guarantee, though I imagine that many customers didn't appreciate the distinction, so to avoid confusion and confrontation, they no longer include this info on their site, last I looked, anyway. The build process gets underway after your vendor submits the order to TiLite, which is after you've signed off on the CAD. (TiLite doesn't magically know when you've signed off on the CAD. Your DME has that info and what they do with it is out of TiLite's control.) The first ball is in the hands of your DME. They submit the order and TiLite acknowledges receipt of it to them. Then it's approximately 10 business days to build. You can always call customer service and ask them what their current lead times are -- approximately.

my dme never even gave me a CAD on my chair not on any of them i guess i got lucky and theyve been ok for the most part
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

once insurance had all paperwork needed it went pretty quickly say 2 -3 weeks at most and that was because my DME knew i needed a new one asap and as soon as it was in shop had it built and delivered the same day. if you have waited over 2 years you need to switch DME's or i would be on the phone daily at least if not 2-3 times a day. that is absolutely absurd.
    T6 Incomplete due to a Spinal cord infarction July 2009