Thread: Back pain, pain medication reduction to comply with Oklahoma law? I need advice...

Angry Back pain, pain medication reduction to comply with Oklahoma law? I need advice...

This summer I saw my physiatrist who has been overseeing my pain management since my accident 12 years ago. I was informed that there had been changes in the law and I would need to reduce my medication to comply. I have been taking 20 mg oxycodone every for hours as well as Oxycontin 20 mg every 8 hours for at least 2 years and was reduced by 1/3. The medicine just didn't didn't keep up with the pain and eventually I stopped taking my morning doses so that I could split them and take a 30 milligrams through the afternoon until bed. Otherwise I won't drive because the evenings are too tough. To be honest, the pain pills have become a nuisance because they barely keep up with the pain. I'm so uncomfortable. That just cost me a 4-year relationship and now I'm raising my teenage son and the quality of life is low, and I either need better pain management or a solution to the back injury.

I have degenerative disc in my S1 L1 and L-3 L4 with heterotopic ossification and arthritis throughout my lumbar. A nerve block didn't help at at all and I'm waiting for a wound to heal you before having an epidural injection with some steroids, but I'm doubtful of that. I'm doubtful of all things, because I have been messing with these Doctor's for four years looking for a solution. They are so damn worthless. I'm praying you guys have some good advice. I don't know why I haven't been more active on here, but I'm truly kicking myself for not having done so.

I gained quite a bit of weight and I'm sleeping on a Sleep Number mattress. I'm to the point where even sleeping hurts. I think I need to look into a TempurPedic for more support maybe? I know I need to lose weight and I have begun to eat cleaner with lean proteins and fresh vegetables, but working out causes increased pain and I am freaking out. I need to lose 30 pounds maybe 40. The doctor recommended I look into CBD and now I'm taken a milligram of oil morning and night and gel caps when the pain is bad. Everyone needs understand that win I don't have medication my body freaks out and I have terrible spasms and high blood pressure. It's not it would draw issue, because before the medication increase I was going through the spasms. I had a Baclofen pump put in to resolve the issue, but when it didn't resolve the issue I was given the oxycodone and the oxycontin came 8 months later while going through inpatient physical therapy.

Blah, I hope that was enough information and not to much information. LOL. Sorry, but I am hoping for help.
    Last edited by GoTWHeeLs; 09-01-2018 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Say what you mean and mean what you say because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind.

My Myspace

BTW. The CBD is not helping, is that common? I was told to get a lab report and I did, but know very little about it. I've smoked thc for 20 years, but not in a legal state. We just passed a medical marijuana bill by vote, but waiting for it to get started in the market.
    Say what you mean and mean what you say because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind.

My Myspace

Opioid withdrawal can cause AD & worsen spasticity. Your taper may need to be done more slowly.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

I highly recommend you talk to your pain Doctor. Using the baclofen pump as pain pump as well. I have been chronic pain for 24 plus years T-10 chronic neupathic pain. They administer hydromorphone through my pump very low doses continually though out the day. With this new pain regiment. I have cut the usage of my oral pain pills in half. Trust me it's changed my life.

Thanks so much for the information. I'm making my calls tomorrow. Will post the new info once done.

My Myspace

I'm telling my brother about the pain pump and had remembered that I read that oxymorphone was going to be discontinued? I didn't realize that it was Opana until he said so.

My Myspace

After all the years I've been taking the pain meds they are starting to not work so well so I told my pain doc according to him because of new federal law he can't prescribe more than 90 mg a day of opioids. Alot of the cbd companies on the market wont tell you exactly how much is in their product or where it is made. Check out buylegalmeds.com. Best stuff on the market.