Thread: Possible TIA (Mini stroke)?

Blog Entries

Possible TIA (Mini stroke)?

Just sitting at my computer when I had an episode of distorted peripheral vision in both eyes, but more noticeable in the left eye. It lasted about 5 or 6 minutes and was accompanied by a flushed feeling in my face and head. The distortion was similar to videos I have of brownian motion or the germs moving around on a petri dish. The distortion was only in the outer 10% of my field of view, and there was a sharp cutoff and the central vision was completely normal. My temp was a bit low, 96.8 compared to my normal of 97.4.

Any thoughts?
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

How's your blood pressure. I'm thinking more visual disturbance problem. Any numbness or tingling in you extremities. Ever have this happen before. Vision is now back to normal?
    I refuse to tip toe through life, only to arrive safely at death.

Blog Entries
    Back to normal after 10 minutes at very most. BP seemed normal, no tingling, but i did get a flush, which often accompanies a BP drop. Sort of felt similar to starting to get off on LSD.
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

Aren't they able to tell by blood test - or is that just in the case of heart attack? Doc time. C=reactive proteins or something.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Could be something or nothing. If it happens again you definitely should go to ER. I would go see my eye doctor and have him check things out. If possible occlusion of arteries, take 1 81 mg ASpirin every day CWO
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Donno, that must have been really scary. Start with visiting an ophthalmologist to rule out glaucoma, partial retinal detachment, optic neuritis, migraine aura without the headache, etc. A carotid ultrasound might be a good idea. The ophthalmologist, being an MD, will know best how to proceed.
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions