Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Right Run failure

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    This is on the regular Right Run in 25-590 or 26" wheelchair (the Plus is not available in this size, or I'd get those).

Anyway, it was time for new tires after a long run of Marathon Plus usage. I figured I'd try something new that would be lighter and still be able to take 145psi. So I ordered 2 sets of RR tires. Good thing I got 2 sets. The first 'reject' tire mounted up with around 1/4 of the circumference mimicking a snake body in motion, with impressive lumpiness or out of round. The second 'reject' tire just had a minor speedbump showing while spinning the wheel to check for trueness. I would just bite the bullet and use it as-is, and I did in fact try that. But the wheelchair shaking and 'rolling over' the defects was very pronounced and noticable. So I'm not finicky here, lol.

So out of 4 tires, only 2 actually were acceptable, with 1 of the rejects being monumentally f'ed up. The beads were seated fine, you could tell looking at the mold line on the sidewall. Apparently the tire was constructed with the body/fabric all kittywompus before vulcanizing the unit.

You guys seeing a similar reject rate on these RR tires? Back when I was using similar Primo Vtracks I never ran into something like this. If only the Primo tires weren't limited to 110psi...
    Your failure sounds a lot like mine, they seem to have an issue in quality control.

I have put a lot of miles on the Primo Racers and so far so good.

Cheers,
    Jim

Schwalbe does have an exchange policy. I used to use their racing tires on my handcycle. They seemed to fail quite often. I'd take photos and go to their website for an exchange; never had a problem with them replacing the tire.

Too late, threw the 2 defects out. Was thinking they'd demand I mail back a $20 tire or something, or have me deal with place I bought them from. Speaking of which, it seems Schwalbe no longer sells wheelchair sized tires direct from their website? What's up with that?

I'll probably got back to Marathons after this experience, it would cost the same, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    Schwalbe does have an exchange policy. I used to use their racing tires on my handcycle. They seemed to fail quite often. I'd take photos and go to their website for an exchange; never had a problem with them replacing the tire.
    I sent Schwable two e-mails and never got a reply.

The Marathon's are just so mushy.....The difference in pushing is very evident.

Cheers,
    Jim

Guy K. Browne
    Customer Service
    Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Signature
    USA | CANADA | Central/South America
    1-888-700-5860 | 250-598-0397 ext.105
    www.schwalbetires.com

This is whom I sent my Warranty submission to. I'd go to Schwalbe site and search for Warranty Submission form. This was back in 2012 so they may have changed warranties.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Too late, threw the 2 defects out. Was thinking they'd demand I mail back a $20 tire or something, or have me deal with place I bought them from. Speaking of which, it seems Schwalbe no longer sells wheelchair sized tires direct from their website? What's up with that?

I'll probably got back to Marathons after this experience, it would cost the same, lol.
    the gallop corp is the usa distributor now.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer