Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hole in my Roho Quatro

Quote Originally Posted by August West View Post
    Thank you for your help. I have my van door working better now. I finally found a good source for the door motor. It's an International Harvester fan motor. There are many sources. Here is one.

https://www.sears.com/aftermarket-ca...SPM13769570724
    That motor is used all over the place, even John Deere. Here's a link that give you even more parts numbers to work with:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rotor-Fan-S...EAAOSwqVdavND7

I haven't ordered any of these parts yet. If I do I have to wonder if the third party ones are really equivalent to the Ricon brand motor. The Ricon brand motor has much higher current rating. Even if the motors are made in the same factory, they could be made with different specifications and standards. Maybe the third party ones are fine for light duty (like standard doors on personal vans) and the Ricon ones are necessary only for heavy duty (like larger doors on commercial buses).

Sorry for hijacking the thread.

Sorry for hijacking the thread too, but we might as well finish it out. I bought a aftermarket seat motor for peanuts and it works fine. And that's the motor that slides the seat back and forth, with my weight in it. Opening and closing a sliding van door is equivalent to next to nothing as far as load. You have to remember, Ricon doesn't manufacture motors, same with Braun and others.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustyjames View Post
    Sorry for hijacking the thread too, but we might as well finish it out. I bought a aftermarket seat motor for peanuts and it works fine. And that's the motor that slides the seat back and forth, with my weight in it. Opening and closing a sliding van door is equivalent to next to nothing as far as load. You have to remember, Ricon doesn't manufacture motors, same with Braun and others.
    I don?t care about thread hijacking. These forums are for help. So hijack away. Who cares if of the thread topic..... I?m learning about another issue and how to correct it. This is great.
    Cheers to all of you for giving me the answers I?ve looked for.

Check with local junk yards for the door motor. Check Rock Auto.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustyjames View Post
    This is great to know. One motor finally failed. It is the one that swivels the transfer seat. Right now I am swiveling manually. I was about to order a replacement motor and got to thinking. Why? Swiveling manually is easy and it's one less thing to fail.

If I recall you have a Ricon transfer seat, so the swivel motor is the same as the slide. They're cheap and easy to find, but you have to tap threads into the three bolt bosses. But I agree, if you can do it manually that's the way to go, one less motor to worry about.