Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hole in my Roho Quatro

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hole in my Roho Quatro

I have a very tiny hole in my Roho. I have been trying to locate the super tiny hole with absolutely no luck. It?s submerged in my bathtub currently. I?m T-10 so I?m able to do this. I?ve been at it for 25 minutes now.
    Tag on cushion says it?s from 7-13-17. What?s the warranty on these things? I have another cushion that?s exactly the same kind and it too has a hole that won?t make any air bubbles in water, but loses air in the back, rightside area of the cushion. Date on that one is 9-14-16
    Thanks
    Ed.

I'd contact ROHO, they're a good company to work with. I think your cushion might still be covered under warrenty. When you blow them up to look for leaks you have to pressure them up more than what you'd fill with use. I think you might do better with a soapy water solution in a spray bottle, rather than dipping, that's what I used to do when I used them and developed leaks.

That’s what I have done. I was finally able to locate the hole after I posted this. It was on the edge of an area already patched. This cushion has a few patches already and I just took delivery with my new chair 1 year and a few days ago. They’re all concentrated to one area of the cushion also. I almost always wear only sweatpants so I know it’s not the clothes I have been wearing.
    Thanks for your reply.
    The soap spray is a excellent tip. I did that as a kid for my bicycle tubes, pre sci.

RustyJames is a great resource for fixing SCI things!

Thank you August, that is sincerely appreciated.

Thank you for your help. I have my van door working better now. I finally found a good source for the door motor. It's an International Harvester fan motor. There are many sources. Here is one.

https://www.sears.com/aftermarket-ca...SPM13769570724

Quote Originally Posted by August West View Post
    Thank you for your help. I have my van door working better now. I finally found a good source for the door motor. It's an International Harvester fan motor. There are many sources. Here is one.

I think you can get that motor a lot cheaper, have you scoured ebay? Sears shipping prices are outrageous from my one one experience with them.

Quote Originally Posted by August West View Post

That motor is used all over the place, even John Deere. Here's a link that give you even more parts numbers to work with:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rotor-Fan-S...EAAOSwqVdavND7

Ed, give me a call tomorrow and we'll get you squared away using our warranty program.

Thank you,

Tom Borcherding
    Permobil Seating and Positioning / ROHO Inc.
    tom.borcherding@permobil.com

Thank you Tom. I?ll call in the morning.

August.... I agree Rusty is very beneficial around here.

Thanks again guys for your responses.

Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Borcherding View Post
    Ed, give me a call tomorrow and we'll get you squared away using our warranty program.

Thank you,

Tom Borcherding
    Permobil Seating and Positioning / ROHO Inc.
    tom.borcherding@permobil.com