Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: An Alternative to Tilite

My current rides.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    My current rides.
    My son has asked whether you could send one of your rides to him, as you obviously don’t use yours...!

(He’s a teenager...the thought of cleaning or polishing anything has never crossed his mind...)
    Gordon, father of son who became t6 paraplegic at the age of 4 in 2007 as a result of surgery to remove a spinal tumour.

Blog Entries
    My current rides.

Fantastic, as always. Still looking just as sharp, years later, I'd imagine. Hands down, a couple of the best chair designs in the industry.

(That's the ZR I was referring to in an earlier post.)
    Last edited by Oddity; 08-29-2018 at 09:06 AM.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Quote Originally Posted by Gordy1 View Post
    My son has asked whether you could send one of your rides to him, as you obviously don’t use yours...!

(He’s a teenager...the thought of cleaning or polishing anything has never crossed his mind...)
    My teenage son, who just started college last week, has been using my spare/backup chair (whichever one that is at the time) as his desk chair. He's got great wheelchair skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    Fantastic, as always. Still looking just as sharp, years later, I'd imagine. Hands down, a couple of the best chair designs in the industry.

(That's the ZR I was referring to in an earlier post.)
    The ZR pictured is the "son of the ZR" that titanium4motion posted. When I moved from NYC to SoCal and needed to buy a car, I chose the (now discontinued) Mazda 5 and had the middle row driver's side seat removed so that I could pull my chair into the car fully assembled. The height of the angled rigidizer bar makes reaching the chair much easier. It also makes getting pulled up steps a bit easier on those occasions when I need to recruit someone to lift my chair. The welded lock mounts were another off-the-menu customization commonly found on European manuals but were a first for TiLite.

Blog Entries
    The ZR pictured is the "son of the ZR" that titanium4motion posted. When I moved from NYC to SoCal and needed to buy a car, I chose the (now discontinued) Mazda 5 and had the middle row driver's side seat removed so that I could pull my chair into the car fully assembled. The height of the angled rigidizer bar makes reaching the chair much easier. It also makes getting pulled up steps a bit easier on those occasions when I need to recruit someone to lift my chair. The welded lock mounts were another off-the-menu customization commonly found on European manuals but were a first for TiLite.

Awesome. I'd own one. Still waiting for one of these Lasher's to break, first. Now that Steve Holub is selling chairs, though...hmmmmmm...
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Another fine job by TiLite.

Stephen212,

Absolutely beautiful 'chairs, A+. I knew TiLite can make extraordinary 'chairs! Absolutely stunning!

Another great job!

They look like a piece of art!

Ti
    "We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."

Quote Originally Posted by titanium4motion View Post
    Stephen212,

Absolutely beautiful 'chairs, A+. I knew TiLite can make extraordinary 'chairs! Absolutely stunning!

Another great job!

They look like a piece of art!

Ti
    If you can wait until Jan-Feb, you might be able to get your ovalized tube. But, just saying there is a much less painless alternative now... http://www.teamhoc.com/

I'm still going with TiLite.

Quote Originally Posted by giles88 View Post
    If you can wait until Jan-Feb, you might be able to get your ovalized tube. But, just saying there is a much less painless alternative now... http://www.teamhoc.com/
    There's several things TiLite has that Teamhoc does not have.

TiLite has almost 20 years experience in manufacturing custom wheelchairs. How many years does Teamhoc have building wheelchairs?

TiLite within almost 20 years has built millions of wheelchairs worldwide. How many wheelchairs has Teamhoc built?

TiLite has the experience and innovation.

Competition against TiLite will only force TiLite to be a stronger company otherwise they will be knocked out of first place.

Even though I had issues with TiLite they still make the best 'chairs on Earth and I will still support them until a better company comes along. Some problems were with the DME.

So, why is there such a great demand for people wanting a TiLite 'chairs? Quality? Workmanship? Light weight? Innovation? Hysteria?

Just look at those pictures stephen212 posted of his TiLite 'chairs and the one I posted. Seeing that wheel lock mount is making TiLite a better company by customer input. That wheel lock mount is nice. An excellent design.

I'm still sporting TiLite.

Ti
    "We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."

Blog Entries
    Not to diminish what TiLite has achieved, which is remarkable, ImO, but Team HoC also has a long and storied history of craftsmanship and innovation. At least as long as I've been hurt, the past 10+ years, they've made some incredibly cool takes on sit skis and wheel chair suspension, to mention just a couple. Their concept chairs, with 'multi-link'/multi-axis suspension are amazing ideas. Functional examples, too. Not to mention D's Locks. I don't know, yet, but I think there is good reason to hope.

A personal anecdote: I remember one of the guys from Team HoC had a booth at an Abilities Expo in NJ, 2008, I think... While he was talking to folks rolling into his booth he did a quick maintenance check over their chairs; checking all the fasteners and what not. I liked that. He noticed a couple of things going wrong with a Quickie GT I was using.