Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ki Rogue take two

Hands on Concepts is doing a new chair in Titanium. I really do like Titanium, it's so much quieter. Do all aluminum chairs rattle so much??

Blog Entries
    Of course not. Ki is new to the game. It's all the bolt on crap and fasteners that rattle. Solid metal doesn't rattle.
    "If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Oh. My Colours Razorblade rattled a ton, too. And broke in the frame, clean snapped in half. Maybe I shouldn't have gone with Ki. I am having my ZR replaced by the insurance of the person who hit me, so I guess I can have the Rogue be my 'dress' chair, and get a titanium one for everyday use. Cuz it's stiff and noisy. And feels heavy, too.

Blog Entries
    It probably is heavy. And noisy. I had a Quickie GT years ago that rattled like a screw in a coffee can. Any chair can fail, from any manufacturer, to be sure. I don't think there is one we've not heard about failing around here over the years. The higher the sample being used, the more reports, as well. But Remember: the plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'. This place is nothing but anecdotes and opinions.
    "If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Are TiLites on the way out? Due for a new chair .. tried a few years ago and the salespeople kept pushing this Ki shit. End of titanium? I'm in Canada with coverage so shouldn't be a problem.
    My DME tried to push a Ki on me as well. After a look at the demo, I noped out of there and ordered another TiLite. Insurance didn't even question it, logic being that a titanium frame last longer (less likely to break) than aluminum, so they save money by not replacing the chairs as often. Or so said someone to me somewhere.

Weird. I have yet to get the chair still. They ordered the H weld footplates, and a different back. What didn't you like about the one you demo'd? The aluminum ? I do have a case manager, and really should be able to get the chair that works for me. But I may have to keep this one, since it's Medi-cal and Community Health Group. I don't see how they would allow me to get a whole different brand/chair. I am hopefully being compensated from being hit by a car, to replace the chair I'm in. So I could get another TiLite.

IMHO, I think you should get another TiLite, because they/you already have the dimensions from the last one, so it really can be tweaked to perfection and you'll be happy.

This chair is worth a look:http://www.motioncomposites.com/en/apex-2/

I especially like the huge amount of adjustment for the front caster as the arm is not fixed like most chairs. You can have a wide or narrow front foot print or raise them up or down.