Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ki Rogue take two

Ki Rogue take two

I finally got the remake of my Rogue today. I think I'm going to have to be resigned that I'm never going to have a chair fit me like a glove. Nobody seems to be able to accommodate Spina Bifida bodies. I'm now about six inches shorter than I ever have been, with yet the same size 24 wheels. The footrests are now too long, and the Freewheel can't attach to it. I really wanted a Roho carbon back because it's not that big, and this one makes my back hurt. The dump is ok, but with the Stimulite contour, I'm massively shrugging my shoulders to push, the wheels are up so high. With my old Roho hybrid, it's better, but then I feel like my spine is curving more and I'm going to fall forward. I'm also super spoiled having had titanium, as this rattles like crazy! They didn't make the footrests welded like the TiLites are for angle adjustable, and no taper in the front of the frame. I just don't get why they can't make it so it works for my body! So depressing. Now I really can't get in my Honda Element, and doing the dishes and cooking is going to be an issue. Even sitting here at a desk, it's now way too high. I guess I should've gone with someone who can do ultra custom. Hopefully I can with the insurance compensation for being hit by a car, and get either another TiLite, or another titanium chair. I'm really interested in the ones that Hands on Concepts is doing. Then this can be like a 'dress' chair for whatever. It's not that practical for my lifestyle.
    They do have a make it right policy, but if they can't, then I don't want to bitch and moan.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Sorry you are having such an issue getting a decent usable chair.
    That does not look like a Stimulite Contour. It has the wrong cover for the Stimulite Contour.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Oh, I tried it with my hybrid, that's what that is. It makes me feel like Im being pushed forward, and my back arches. So weird just a slight difference does that. The Stimulite has a pretty big dump to it, so I'm really low down. Maybe should get a different one? Thanks. At least being lower to the ground I can reach things on the ground easily haha.

But at least the casters don't flutter! An issue I've had for years now. But I will have to figure out how to use a Freewheel with it, or get the next chair to use with it. I can't believe I was hit by the car in May, and it's almost September. They wanted proof it was busted, and then a list of how much to repair or how much to replace, every part. Do frog legs help with the aluminum rattle? How the hell am I going to figure out the right fit for me?? My elbows are killing me, cuz I'm now pushing wheels that are several inches higher than what I've been used to for years. I wanted to be able to touch the ground, but this is ridiculously low. I think the front coming up another inch would make me feel like I'm in it and not falling forward. The front is so short! There was 2" dump in the one she sent back, the ATP, and so she decided to do 1". Doesn't feel enough, makes me arch my back. I hurt all over! I wonder how this is going to be made right. If they can't figure out how to even fit me.
    Last edited by heartdog; 08-25-2018 at 04:56 AM.

Blog Entries
    Do you have the footrest sizing kit for your Freewheel? It comes with 3 different length "hooks" (the adjustable part that hooks around the back of the foot plate). One of them is very long.
    "If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

What about a power chair part time? I have to say the fit on those is so much better in my 33yrs of paralysis.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

The Freewheel is the least of my issues I think. I'm back sitting in my Ti ZR. I hurt all over, cuz I pushed that thing with wheels COG waaay off. I put the chairs side by side, and the major differences are the length (but the front part looks almost the same, and that's where I wanted the length), the caster is an inch smaller, and the height. I should've used the measurements for the ZR and just changed the things that didn't work. Like same height, but with 1" dump would've made me just an inch shorter which is fine, higher up footplate and longer frame length in front by a couple inches. The other thing I'm hating about the Rogue is the caster stem is WAY prominent, and hits everything. It sicks way the hell out! I wonder why they curve it so much to make it like that?? I should maybe take a pic of me in the chair and get some feedback, yes? I'm not sure how I can get this rectified, with signing off on it. But I didn't realize just how massively the fit impacted everything until I tried it. And jeeez the chair is HEAVY AF!!! Like when I try to lift it to tip it, it's super hard. So weird.

If you didn't start with the measurements from your ZR and adjust from there, where did they come from? It sounds like your biggest issue is your rear seat to floor height is way too low. You shouldn't be raising your shoulders to push. In my experience, being that I have no trunk control, having more dump in my chair doesn't make it any more stable. Sounds like you need to raise your rear seat to floor height which would give you less dump, or if you have to have it, bring the front seat to floor height up as well. Feeling like you're going to fall forward could be the angle of your backrest. You could try leaning it back or lowering it some.

Are TiLites on the way out? Due for a new chair .. tried a few years ago and the salespeople kept pushing this Ki shit. End of titanium? I'm in Canada with coverage so shouldn't be a problem.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Are TiLites on the way out? Due for a new chair .. tried a few years ago and the salespeople kept pushing this Ki shit. End of titanium? I'm in Canada with coverage so shouldn't be a problem.
    I don't think so. I got a TR3 a little over a year ago and it is a great chair.