Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What?s your sleep number?

What?s your sleep number?

For those with sleep number beds, what is your sleep number setting?

Blog Entries
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

I like a firm mattress. Could never get that type of feel from an air mattress without causing pressure points.

Quote Originally Posted by August West View Post
    I like a firm mattress. Could never get that type of feel from an air mattress without causing pressure points.
    Have you been pressure mapped at a local Sleep Number store? You might be surprised how firm a 50 sleep number is without pressure points.

My sleep number is 50. My body type is tall and thin, no extra on my bones.

I owned one. I tried all sorts of options including changing the top layers. I am now sleeping on a coil spring mattress with medium latex topper and I still don't find it firm enough. Seems like no matter what, if it's firm enough for my back it's too hard for my shoulders.

Is it possible to be too low?

Blog Entries
    Yes. Too low and you'll "hammock" and create extra pressure on the lowest point.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Quote Originally Posted by August West View Post
    I owned one. I tried all sorts of options including changing the top layers. I am now sleeping on a coil spring mattress with medium latex topper and I still don't find it firm enough. Seems like no matter what, if it's firm enough for my back it's too hard for my shoulders.
    Usually shoulders are not going to get pressure wounds. It is you lower back that is problematic and prone to the most pressure.

I have a medical sheep skin from shoulders to heels on top of my sleep number bed. Just some extra insurance.

30-35 on back, 25-30 on side
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.

I have the Classic Sleep Number bed, original model C2 which has a remote but no number memory. You have to inflate/deflate to a good feel. So I can't really say what my number is but I do like it firmer, however, I am cautious so as not to make it too firm. I've had it for almost nine years now and no issues. I'm a curvy woman so not super bony, maybe that has made a difference for me. Also a side sleeper. I only opted for this model because the others all had that extended base on them and I couldn't transfer that far a distance.