Thread: FES/NMES E-Stim Unit?

FES/NMES E-Stim Unit?

Looking for NMES (neuromuscular electrical stimulation)/ Electrical muscle stimulation (EMS)/ FES (Functional Electrical Stimulation), without combination with a FES bike or rowing machine or hand bike, just the unit, and not TENS (transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation) for this question.

What is the best kind of E-Stim unit?
    And what are the best settings that you use for it?
    How do you get the most out of it?

Thank you, it is tough because most physical therapists that I talked you say patients are not supposed to know this stuff, it's too complicated, don't ask questions, you need to be a professional physical therapist to deal with these things. Meanwhile I am a relatively smart guy, fully intent on fixing myself, and quite certain that I can do anything I put my mind to.

These reasons are a big part of why I appreciate this forum so much.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Injured on July 8th 2017 at 28 years old.
    Fractured C4 - C7, Incomplete.

Facebook Email

You do need to see a PT or prescriber to get the right settings that will maximize your situation.
    ckf
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.