Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baclofen

Baclofen

Baclofen, the oral dose, the recommended maximum dosage."

What is max oral dosage would you say?

-V
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Injured on July 8th 2017 at 28 years old.
    Fractured C4 - C7, Incomplete.

Facebook Email

my doctor told me max dose was 80 mg a day. i am currently up to 60mg and my spasms are still terrible. but she won't go any higher says it really isn't safe.
    T6 Incomplete due to a Spinal cord infarction July 2009

In Europe they sometimes use baclofen for alcohol cessation at much higher doses than we would ever prescribe in the US.

https://www.europeanneuropsychopharm...968-X/abstract

But as Smashms said the FDA max recommended dose is 80 a day

I was on 60mg been reducing all meds got baclofen to 20mg and the brain fog has gone. Spasms are worse but bearable and I quite enjoy having muscles moving by themselves. Below 20mg and I twitch too much.

My spasms we're so bad. It got to where I couldn't drive my legs would spams and get stuck in brake pedal and hit the accelerator. They would render my hand controls useless had a couple accidents. They would even spasm kick and I would leave bruises all over my poor wifes body. I eventually had a medtronic baclofen pump installed. Hell yeah fixed my spasms problems!

I believe the max dose is 120 mg per day.

ckf
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

not sure but botox has been working great as long as your insurance covers it its worth a shot
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post

ckf
    Yes the 120 was maximum dose. I was on 120 mg baclofen, which my neurologist said, was maximum.

I am on 80mg/day. Less than that, and I get wicked leg kicks. It does make me drowsy on occasion, but if I am active, there is no feeb - time.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post

ckf
    I've been taking 120mg per day for over a decade with zero side effects