Thread: Quad Use of Sure Hands Lift?

Quad Use of Sure Hands Lift?

Our ceiling lift is becoming hard to get parts for, let alone service. (Ergolet Luna) We really like it but the distributors/parts have dried up.

SureHands seems to be a nice change and no sling seems like a nice time saver. Does the SureHands Body Support system provide enough support for a C5 complete? Is there the flexibility to switch to a spreader bar and sling for some situations?

Any other recommendations of ceiling list motors/systems you like/dislike would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Domosoyo View Post
    Our ceiling lift is becoming hard to get parts for, let alone service. (Ergolet Luna) We really like it but the distributors/parts have dried up.

SureHands seems to be a nice change and no sling seems like a nice time saver. Does the SureHands Body Support system provide enough support for a C5 complete? Is there the flexibility to switch to a spreader bar and sling for some situations?

Any other recommendations of ceiling list motors/systems you like/dislike would be great.
    I'm a c3c4 incomplete and have been using Surehands for over 20 years. One of the things I like about them is they do everything themselves when it comes to installing it. If you have a problem with it they will come fix it. The Body Support works but it put a lot of pressure on my shoulders so I switched to a spreader bar and sling.
    Last edited by HACKNSACK44; 08-22-2018 at 11:18 PM.

I've used a SureHands "Pool Lift" to get into and out of sailboats on several occasions. These have employed the SureHands Body Support which I used with confidence. I'd been dropped twice over the years with sling type supports that were placed incorrectly.

I found the body support to be very painful for the shoulders. I can't imagine using it by myself as a c6 quad, even though it is advertised as such.

I switched to the sling.

Thanks all. We'll probably have to try before we buy....which is not always possible but we will give it a go.

im a c6 and use a bhm 4 way independently with a arjo u sling. very easy for me to place myself. may want to check i out
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Hold up, what is "bhm 4 way"

BHM is a lift company. I believe they were bought out by Arjo a number of years ago.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

yes what kld said. power up/down and side to side. we have it in our master, from bed into bathroom where theres a turntable to go right to shower or left to toilet. i use this sling. without the belt.
    https://www.arjo.com/int/products/pa...let-sling-low/
    Hold up, what is "bhm 4 way"
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Cool, thanks we'll check it out