Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MGM grand Las Vegas - accessible rooms with Wheel-in Showers? Other hotels?

Quote Originally Posted by RollPositive View Post
    Just curious for those they stay off the strip how do you get back and forth?
    Can't speak for other "off the Strip" hotels, but the Rio has a shuttle bus service that goes from their hotel to the MGM Grand (and back) that runs 24/7, and as above, is wheelchair accessible.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

thank you for the replies and videos, much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Can't speak for other "off the Strip" hotels, but the Rio has a shuttle bus service that goes from their hotel to the MGM Grand (and back) that runs 24/7, and as above, is wheelchair accessible.

(KLD)

How long has it been since you went last? Called hotel today for a friend and reservations said they stop the shuttle last Nov?

Sorry. It was a little over a year ago. I bet that has cut back on their customers, as it is a hot walk all the way to the Strip from there.

I found this information: https://vitalvegas.com/rio-pulls-plu...rahs-17-years/

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Sorry. It was a little over a year ago. I bet that has cut back on their customers, as it is a hot walk all the way to the Strip from there.

I found this information: https://vitalvegas.com/rio-pulls-plu...rahs-17-years/

(KLD)
    I am sure like everything in Las Vegas its all about the $$ and Caesars (parent company) of Rio stopped shuttle service to save money.

Its important to know if you stay at a off the strip hotel its a little to far to roll so make sure you have that figured in to your plans.

Getting a wc cab at off strip hotels can be a challenge at times and the later it gets the harder it can be.

Just curious, in addition to those hotels that have ceiling track lifts, do any of them also have adjustable beds (can raise/lower head)?

On a side note, after watching the first video, what the heck is a "roll-in tub"?? I've never heard of such a thing. Is it simply a standard tub with a bench? The name is misleading.

Quote Originally Posted by landrover View Post
    Just curious, in addition to those hotels that have ceiling track lifts, do any of them also have adjustable beds (can raise/lower head)?

On a side note, after watching the first video, what the heck is a "roll-in tub"?? I've never heard of such a thing. Is it simply a standard tub with a bench? The name is misleading.
    The Bellagio had an adjustable bed two years ago. Of course the picture doesn't show it. But it did.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by landrover View Post

I watched the video and I think it is miss titled its a tub with a fold down seat...

Quote Originally Posted by RollPositive View Post
    I watched the video and I think it is miss titled its a tub with a fold down seat...
    landrover: Aria has adjustable beds to its rooms with lifts.

Anyone familiar with the ADA rooms at either the Venetian or the Palazzo? Beds that would accommodate a lift? Ceiling track lifts? Adjustable beds?