Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tilite wheelchair front wheels help me

Send it back. It could be something wrong with the rear wheel mounting.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Looking at the second photo, to me the gap looks to be more like 5mm than 0.5mm. Just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Looking at the second photo, to me the gap looks to be more like 5mm than 0.5mm. Just saying...
    that occurred to me also.
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

My ZR has the same issue. Nobody would fix it, the back and forth just dragged on. It causes extreme flutter, and it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by rAdGie View Post
    not in a brand new chair i wouldnt ... would you?
    Under certain circumstances yes, because I've done it. I had to send my last TR3 frame back once to fix a screw up. After I finally got the 2nd frame, one of the casters floated like that (as well as a few other minor issues) and there was no way I was sending it back again to wait a month and then get a third frame with something else wrong. So I put some washers in and its been fine for years. The cap at the top of the fork covers them up for the most part, so its not noticeable. It's just extending the length of the fork, not changing the angle, so I don't see any problem with it.

I agree with brad spacer washers. Trying to get Ti lite to cover a tweaked frame is going to be tough. However it is definitely the first thing I would try.

Before you make any changes, make sure your rear tires are equally inflated-a low tire on the opposite rear can make a caster float.
    Also, if it only floats sometimes, it is quite likely the floor isn't flat.
    BTDT.
    Hope this helps.

It looks like the caster angle is off. If you rotate just that caster around if it gets closer to the ground or farther away it's out. And if one is the other might be.

I would make sure that the front casters are both square as well as the rear wheels as well as being properly inflated. In fact, all wheels should be square/aligned on any wheelchair. If you are still experiencing the same problems on a hard level surface, than that tells me that the frame is crooked. I don't envy fighting with a wheelchair manufacturer to get it fixed. In my experience, once they make the sale, they don't want to hear from you again unless you are ordering another chair. Good luck.

WHY is it SO hard to get them to rectify something that is their fault?? I just don't get it. They used to try to fix things, sending new caster forks to see if it helped and such. But then this past chair, they just said talk to the DME, don't come to us.