Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tilite wheelchair front wheels help me

Tilite wheelchair front wheels help me

I bought this wheelchair a month ago.

as shown in the photo, one of its front wheels is about 0,5mm off the ground.

A mechanic came and tried to repair, but couldn't fix it.

I have asked some friends around and found out it is common

https://youtu.be/w88n_rJL1xs

↑↑↑
    I followed the troubleshooting instructions as in the video but failed.

Please give me advice as to what I am supposed to do to keep the wheel in touch with the ground.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    from south korea
    i'm a good man

it could be the frame is twist which i hope its not, but have you tried releasing the footplate? some times if you have the footplate in at slightly different levels it can pull the frame in, also looking at your chair looks like you can angle the front forks? it could be as easy as that if you can, good luck let us know how you get on.

Quote Originally Posted by rAdGie View Post
    it could be the frame is twist which i hope its not, but have you tried releasing the footplate? some times if you have the footplate in at slightly different levels it can pull the frame in, also looking at your chair looks like you can angle the front forks? it could be as easy as that if you can, good luck let us know how you get on.
    The footplate has been repaired but cannot be resolved. T__T
    from south korea
    i'm a good man

Can't the fork be twisted in? It is is adjustable. Also, both wheels are it the middle hole, right? And have you swapped the wheels to see if one is larger than the other?
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

Probably won't work, but can front wheels be switched, including the frame that the wheel itself is attached to (can't remember name of it at present). Also what about placing a spacer in the wheel housing? Or checking to see if that threaded stem is properly seated?
    Beautiful chair by the way, and the shoes - nice fashion statement!

Blog Entries
    Have someone loosen the footplate, while you're sitting in the chair, then re-tighten it. That can take up a little slack, but that looks like a TR, which shouldn't have much give in the down-tubes, at all. That looks like a brand-new chair. If it is I'd seriously consider a warranty claim for a defective frame. We need 4 wheels on the ground.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Thanks, Crappler, "fork" is the word I was looking for when I had my Senior Moment! I didn't see your post listed when I did mine.

Just put .5mm of washers around the fork stem and call it a day.

not in a brand new chair i wouldnt ... would you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad09 View Post
    Just put .5mm of washers around the fork stem and call it a day.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rAdGie View Post
    not in a brand new chair i wouldnt ... would you?
    Exactly. No way I'd accept this out of the factory, or rig a fix.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments