Thread: E-Stim Unit?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

E-Stim Unit?

What is the best kind of E-Stim unit?

And what are the best settings that you use for it?

How do you get the most out of it?

Are you looking for information on e-stim for muscle bulking or FES (functional electrical stimulation) or for a TENS (transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation) for pain management?

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Sorry, With mouth typing sometimes I type less rather than more.

Looking for NMES (neuromuscular electrical stimulation), aka Electrical muscle stimulation (EMS), aka FES (Functional Electrical Stimulation), without combination with a FES bike or rowing machine or hand bike, just the unit, and not TENS (transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation) for this question.

Thank you, it is tough because most physical therapists that I talked you say patients are not supposed to know this stuff, it's too complicated, don't ask questions, you need to be a professional physical therapist to deal with these things. Meanwhile I am in graduate school, a pretty smart guy, a few degrees on my wall, on the road to medical school, fully intent on fixing myself, and quite certain that I can do anything I put my mind to, certainly not listening to anyone telling me to pipe down and listen to "medical professionals". If I had listened to every doctor and their advice I would still have a trach in my throat for the next year "Just in case" and be living in a nursing home indefinitely " just in case" because "it is not safe for a person with my condition to ever live on their own".

These reasons are a big part of why I appreciate this forum so much.