Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: My dad died and I am sick of being disabled

Beautiful work! Do you fire and glaze them or is that done elsewhere? Assuming this is clay?

Absolutely gorge!
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

I am sorry for your loss. I may soon be in the same situation. I live in Ohio, my father lives near Folsom, California. He is 84, doing pretty well, but still aging. When he passes, I am actually dreading going out there. I have heard so many horror stories about traveling by plane, getting accessible ride on the other end, etc. Plus, I'm not going to be able to do the things the eldest son is supposed to do. I'll pretty much have to sit and watch. I'm depressed enough as it is, though mostly that is due to 24/7 pain issues. I know I'm not much help, but I wanted to share with you that you aren't alone in your misery.

SW Colorado---chair user from nerve disorder
    Yeah, I get that. When my best friend’s husband was dying I was so frustrated that I couldn’t just go in their house, not without making a spectacle of myself. In the aftermath I felt like a bad friend because I couldn’t go in her house just to be there. I am very fortunate to have my partner/caregiver who doesn’t mind driving me halfway across the country and pulling me up stairs. Plus I will be bringing some of my dad’s things home with me. It’s weird how I mostly don’t even think about being disabled and my chair until illness or death strikes someone close to me, then I feel so helpless and useless. I am sorry for your physical pain and can’t imagine dealing with that 24/7
    chair user since 2009 from a neurological disorder