Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Closed System

The real pro's at this handled this very well.

ckf
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Quote Originally Posted by HACKNSACK44 View Post
    You disconnect from your sp catheter 4 times a day? Sounds like you have a very good system that works for you.
    I only disconnect from the supra pubic catheter twice per day. Once in the morning, I disconnected the leg bag from the supra pubic catheter and take the leg bag, night drain bottle and the tubing that connects the leg bag to the night drain bottle into the bathroom to be cleaned. While NL is dressing me, the clean leg bag is connected to the supra pubic catheter and secured. Then at night, while NL is undressing me, the leg bag is disconnected from the supra public catheter, cleaned, then connected to the tube that links the leg bag to the night drain bottle (that was cleaned in the morning) and the leg bag is secured to the bed for the night.

Yes, this system has worked very well for me. The thing is urine is going to be smelly... it is after all a waste product, and the leg bags are not completely airtight, so that odor can escape.

Thanks, all.

ckf
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    The thing is urine is going to be smelly... it is after all a waste product, and the leg bags are not completely airtight, so that odor can escape.
    I agree 100%! Thanks for the info!