Thread: Scrotum sore (pic)

Scrotum sore (pic)

I have this sore on both sides of my scrotum. They come and go. I'm thinking it's caused by skin on skin and of course the heat down there. Any suggestions on what to put there so there isn't skin on skin?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Put a gauze pad (4x4) between. caused from pressure/irritation. Scrotal support w/ gauze might be helpful.
    CWO
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Put a gauze pad (4x4) between. caused from pressure/irritation. Scrotal support w/ gauze might be helpful.
    CWO
    I will give that a try. I just need to make sure the gauze pad doesn't bunch up.

The irony - Your screen name " HACKNSACK" ;-)

Just kidding. Hope that heals up quick. Sure its uncomfortable. Do you get AD?

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyCrip View Post

Lol! No AD.

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyCrip View Post

Haaa

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    CWO
    we dry with saline after shower then blow dry area and apply 4x4's.
    all good since

If I presented with this sore, NL would have my sorry self in bed in the frog position until it healed. Of course you can't be in the frog position for long, so she would turn me to my sides but position me with pillows to allow as much air circulation as possible. She doesn't mess around with something that looks this severe.

A fabric like this is superior to 4x4s. Coloplast InterDry Ag Textile with Antimicrobial Silver Complex: https://www.amazon.com/Coloplast-InterDry-Textile-Antimicrobial-Complex/dp/B00427Q0VK

This sore may be fungal and maybe treating it with with a very light dusting of Lotrimin AF and Zeasorb-AF powder would help. Don't use so much powder that it cakes on the sore.

Frog position, but don't wear shorts while you are in this position trying to heal a sore.
    Attached Images Attached Images