Hi everyone,

Has anyone(probably more lower level injuries) just completely stopped doing a bowel program and just go by senses? I am a T12-L2 injury. I was doing a program every day that involved Dig stim, magic bullet. I had good success with it, but i had many many accidents especially close after i completed. It was very frustrating i couldnt find a method that worked well for me.

Anyways, after about 5 years struggling with that i slowly stopped doing my bowel routine altogether. This started when i was starting to realize that i could kind of sense when i needed to go and can also "Push" abit. I have had great luck with it now for the past 4ish years. If i have something ready to come out, my gut lets me know. Or a full feeling in my lower abdomin/pelvic region lets me know. I now have almost zero accidents doing it this way, sometimes i have wasted toilet trips over thinking i need to go though.

The only issue i have now is that occasionally i will go up to 6 days without a bowel movement, and sometimes i have larger than normal bowel movements. Is this something to be concerned with? I do normally have a bowel movement every 1-3 days. But sometimes when i go longer and have a larger one i wonder if that is a good thing.

Thanks