Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thc. Problems..

THC is useful as a distractant for pain. That's a word I just made up. Essentially, THC makes it difficult to focus on more than one thing. So if you're dealing with nerve pain by distracting yourself from it, THC can augment that process.

I have found, however, that CBD:THC oils that have them in a 1:1 ratio actively suppress my nerve pain. Unfortunately, I haven't found this result with every 1:1 vape cartridge I've tried and I don't have easy access (for now) to try to pin down why. My best results (by far) were a 1:1 vape cartridge from a company called 710 (or similar) in Southern California.

Remember that CBD from the male plant (aka Hemp) is not reliable for any medical application as it suffers a "bell response" where pain relief edged up but then falls back down to zero with increasing dose. CBD derived from the whole female plant (aka Marijuana) does not have this problem. This was published in a peer reviewed paper that I've posted links to before.
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.

THC amplifies my pain substantially

It heightens your perception of what you're feeling.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

It depends on how I use it. Just a little won't do anything. It may even amplify all feelings including pain. More is better. But more also makes you stupid. Eating is the best. But eating it makes you couch glue. I find the optimal results are found by smoking a few tokes after 2-3 drinks of alcohol.

I tried a CBD capsule a few weeks ago which produced a paradoxical effect. I am definitely doing better with the CBD oil. I think it's because I can control the dose.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

Now this is a subject I can really relate with, as I USED to have whenever I smoked. Whenever my roommate would give me a couple of hits, it would increase my pain severely at which time I would have to take another hydrocodone or tramadol. Now something I figured out is when I ran out of pain pills, I would try the edibles and those were to better than smoking, however it would still increase my pain. Now since I haven't taken really any pain pills in about a month, all my pain is gone away whenever I smoke it really relaxes me and calms my pain down.

Now on another note, back in 2005 I had a stage IV pressure sore on my sacrum and I got hooked on IV.allotted 4 mg every 4 hours. Once I got into rehab they took me off the IV and went to straight hydrocodone's. Well after I got out of rehab, I was taking 2 10/325 every 4 hours. So after just a couple of months of that not really working, I went to pain management and stay put me on methadone, which worked wonders when taken correctly, but it started affected my memory really bad. So I started down what I called the Narco highway for 5 years. Nothing worked at all, the only thing I knew was my memory was getting worse so I decided to get all all of it. Yes it was pretty difficult, however once I got off all the opiates, my pain went away and my back never hurt again after that. It wasn't until you're lately I was having a lot of abdominal, stomach surgeries so I had to start taking notes again. Just hydrocodone, but I would notice in the past few months is when it dawned on me that when I smoked when I took pain pills it intensified the pain to an extreme that I did not like to smoke (which I actually LOVE to smoke) but now I'm not taking anything and the smoking works wonderful!

I know it's person to person what works and what doesn't, that's just my story! Good luck to you all
    C4 incomplete since 1985

Quote Originally Posted by funklab View Post
    "Medical" marijuana (and I use the world medical very loosely here), might help with nausea and vomiting, almost certainly increases appetite, but otherwise anyone making claims as to it's health or therapeutic benefits are snake oil salesmen and cannot back up their claims with actual, reliable science.
    I'm a bit late offering this info, but you might want to reconsider your statement. This website lists thousands of articles and research studies indexed by disease and condition.
    https://grannystormcrowslist.wordpress.com/the-list/

Quote Originally Posted by funklab View Post
    "Medical" marijuana (and I use the world medical very loosely here), might help with nausea and vomiting, almost certainly increases appetite, but otherwise anyone making claims as to it's health or therapeutic benefits are snake oil salesmen and cannot back up their claims with actual, reliable science.
    So far there are two pharmaceuticals made from marijuana or made with synthesized THC. Marinol has been legal in all fifty states long enough to have a generic and is used for treating PAIN from glaucoma and nausea from chemo or constipation. The second isn't available yet but is used for treating seizures. These two were developed under the most stringent of access laws owing to the DEA designating marijuana a class I drug with no medical benefits and danger higher than cocaine. Marijuana has been shown to kill certain cancer cells in vitro and studies show that lifetime, chronic marijuana smokers have no elevated risk for lung cancer in spite of this.

Medical research into marijuana was made illegal by president Ford after the first study showing efficacy for killing cancer was submitted - but blocked by the executive and never published - in 1974.

As access for research increases in Canada, I believe you'll find far more peer-reviewed research demonstrating benefits.
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeramie630 View Post
    So I have been trying to do thc for a long time but everytime I ya it it makes my body hurt even more, does that happen to anyone else . I never was one to use thc so maybe I?m doin to much I?m not sure does anyone have hang advice
    The same thing happens to me...occasionally. But that sensation goes away after a short time; 30 seconds.
    Have you tried using edibles? I have never had any pain after ingesting THC chocolate, gummies, oil, etc.
    Never Give Up!