Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thc. Problems..

Thc. Problems..

So I have been trying to do thc for a long time but everytime I ya it it makes my body hurt even more, does that happen to anyone else . I never was one to use thc so maybe I?m doin to much I?m not sure does anyone have hang advice

Just based on what I see on this site, several people have reported similar findings, that getting high makes the pain much worse.

"Medical" marijuana (and I use the world medical very loosely here), might help with nausea and vomiting, almost certainly increases appetite, but otherwise anyone making claims as to it's health or therapeutic benefits are snake oil salesmen and cannot back up their claims with actual, reliable science.

Same here, it increased neuro for me. And I started groaning a lot too, weird

You might try using CBD oil instead.

Blog Entries
    Yep. My neuro shoots through the roof for the first 30 minutes, or so.
    "If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Same here, no one enjoyed weed more than me before my injury. The few times I tried it afterwards made the pain much worse. My transfers much harder too.

To start with - there are two important parts to marijuana - THC, and CBD.
    THC is what makes you high. CBDs do not make you high, and many people find comfort thru them.
    CBDs can also come from hemp, and you can find CBD powder online.
    Our experience is only that - but maybe it will help you shape yours.
    My wife is a T9 incomplete. She gets FAST and complete relief to her neurological pain if she smokes a puff or two. However, she does not like getting 'high." The line seems to be between one and two puffs. It doesn't last long (less than an hour), but it definitely works for that long. We've been playing around with CBDs - which are legal to buy anywhere. The down side is that you have to take a little THC to open the door for CBDs to do their thing. You have to live in the right places to get access to THC.
    I have been making her 'edibles' that she can nibble on all day long. I have tried gummy bears, brownies, and tootsie rolls - I am looking for something I can easily put the powder into that won't rot, and isn't fattening - so far without satisfaction.
    We take 2-3 hits at bed time & we both fall asleep nicely.

Best luck to each of you.

My husband has found some relief with it. Actually, quite a bit. But, he doesn't like being high all the time. We have tried CBD (only) and had no relief, however, I'm not sure about dosing, etc. I tried more and more, and nothing helped so we ditched it. THC frequently takes his nerve pain away, but I think it depends on the strand and other things (which I know nothing about). There have been times where he said it made things worse, and times where just one puff took it all away. I don't think it's a lost cause, But that some "testing" would need to be done to find out what kinds help and what kinds aren't right for your kind of pain.

A friend gave Lynn a little squirt bottle with peppermint oil in it as a multi-use tool - a squirt on the skin cools it, a squirt in the mouth for fresh breath, etc etc... Then it hit me that this might be a great delivery device for the powdered CBD I bought online. I squeezed 100 times into a little container, marked it, then poured 200 units of peppermint water back into the jug with 1000 MG of pure CBD powder isolate. I told her to shake it before every use. Each squirt would be roughly 5mg. That's enough for many people. I was told there is no big issue if she takes a lot more. So, I suggested she start her day with a couple refreshing squirts, and then every hour or three do another or two if she felt she needed it. That was Monday evening. This is Sunday evening and there are about 20 squirts left. That means she took about 900 mg in the last 6 days. An average of 150mg a day! Huge dose. She is not _sure_ it did anything for her - but she suspects all that peppermint might have upset her stomach a little.
    Remember that what we experienced WILL be different from what you will experience at these same levels - this is just data-points for you to think about.
    Be well-
    OB