Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marathons vs Run Rights

I just put my Blades on this morning and my chair really does feel totally different with the Right Runs.

How do you tell the difference between the RR Plus and the regular RR's? I think I have the regular ones but not positive.

As for wear, I am not sure what "normal" usage is for a wheelchair user being a newbie but I am pretty active getting out of the house pretty much every day and doing stuff. My wife and I also go for a walk/roll down by the beach 1-3 times a week and the loop is about 2.25 miles. have been in the my chair for almost exactly 2 months and the RR's, which I use almost exclusively on my Blades, are showing wear for sure but with that said I do not know how long they will last. With that said even if I get 6 months out of them I would still use them because of the performance difference.

Cheers,
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by ljh View Post
    i just put my blades on this morning and my chair really does feel totally different with the right runs.

How do you tell the difference between the rr plus and the regular rr's? I think i have the regular ones but not positive.

As for wear, i am not sure what "normal" usage is for a wheelchair user being a newbie but i am pretty active getting out of the house pretty much every day and doing stuff. My wife and i also go for a walk/roll down by the beach 1-3 times a week and the loop is about 2.25 miles. Have been in the my chair for almost exactly 2 months and the rr's, which i use almost exclusively on my blades, are showing wear for sure but with that said i do not know how long they will last. With that said even if i get 6 months out of them i would still use them because of the performance difference.

Cheers,
    jim
    they say right run plus on sidewall
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

I wish right runs would come in black. I don't want the gray stripe.

i hate the gray stripe, that's what keeps me from it. I really think I might do the Schwalbe ones this time. Problem is; they're expensive: $59 per tire, and I have no feedback.
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

Main thing is to make sure the toe in-out is adjusted right. Otherwise, the tire will wear down quicker.

..so I used to be up on all the wheelchair stuff, but apparently not anymore. I hadn't heard of the "RightRun Plus" until here today. Checking schwalbe.com I am only seeing the RR-Plus in 22 & 24 inch sizes. Are they indeed available in a 559?

As to the grey stripes - there are pictures of RightRun's in other colours (red, blue, yellow) as well as an all-black. In the past the grey striped were only available in 559's, and the coloured were only 540's. I know that now the grey striped are available in 540 (24") as well.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Everytime I go to the bike shop and ask about wheelchair tires I get looked at like I am from Mars until I whip out the cash and order some Marathons.

I recall seeing some pictures of right runs without the gray stripe. But every time I go to ordee then the stripe is there.

I don't like the weight of the marathons. But they look good (all black), never go flat, and last so long that I still think they're the best overall tire for daily use. You don't have to pay $60 a pop for a marathon. DME HUB sells them for $90/pair.

If I can get right runs in black and they don't go flat then I'll go with them.

i've used puncture resident tubes in right runs for years and haven't had a flat, it's all gravel and blackberry thorns around here. I'v used the same tubes in several sets of tires. I have a black TR with blue trim and spokes and I like the blue stripe on my tires.

Only 22 and 24.............only grey/black for rr plus. Regular rr in blk, blue and red. I only run rr plus now, mp just roll like shit. RR PLUS LAST JUST AS LONG.
    My tires get abused, much more so than just daily chair use.
    Quote Originally Posted by tooley View Post
    ..so i used to be up on all the wheelchair stuff, but apparently not anymore. I hadn't heard of the "rightrun plus" until here today. Checking schwalbe.com i am only seeing the rr-plus in 22 & 24 inch sizes. Are they indeed available in a 559?

As to the grey stripes - there are pictures of rightrun's in other colours (red, blue, yellow) as well as an all-black. In the past the grey striped were only available in 559's, and the coloured were only 540's. I know that now the grey striped are available in 540 (24") as well.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Everytime i go to the bike shop and ask about wheelchair tires i get looked at like i am from mars until i whip out the cash and order some marathons.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    Only 22 and 24.............only grey/black for rr plus. Regular rr in blk, blue and red. I only run rr plus now, mp just roll like shit. RR PLUS LAST JUST AS LONG.
    My tires get abused, much more so than just daily chair use.
    also in yellow