Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marathons vs Run Rights

Marathons vs Run Rights

Hello All,
    This past weekend I had to go through some pretty deep mud with my chair. I had my Carbon Blades on that have Run Rights mounted on them and they were filled with mud. when I got home I switched out from my Blades to the Stock Shadow wheels that have Marathons on them so I could clean up the Blades. I have to say that the Marathons feel like pigs comparatively even with 145PSI in the Marathons and 120PSI in the Run Rights. I am pretty surprised just how big of a difference there is between the two, it is VERY noticeable.

Cheers,
    Jim

Exactly why I switched to right runs years ago.

Blog Entries
    Yep. The Rightrun Plus is a decent middle ground. Same puncture resistant layer as the Marathon Plus but with the Rightrun top tread layer instead of the thick (soft) Marathon tread.
    "If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Plus easier to install the Right Runs and less money per tire, the advantage to the Marathon Plus is they last longer due to the thicker rubber.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

I had 559 wheels built for my handcycle and use the Marathons. I haven't had a flat or had to change them out in the 5 years I've owned them. Before I would go thru a dozen tires a year using the Continentals on a 571 wheel. Used to get a flat everytime I hit a small pothole on the road; not anymore. I hated having to ride home on a flat.Never tore up the rim though.

I have a set of Marathons on a set of spare wheels. I never use them as the tread tears up my hands bigtime. I wheel with my hands wrapped around the wheel and pushrim. The Right Runs work great and are very fast.

Huge difference between rr and rr plus...........as oddity pointed out the rr plus and mp are same tire minus tread.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    Huge difference between rr and rr plus...........as oddity pointed out the rr plus and mp are same tire minus tread.
    Hmmmmm...I wonder where a I heard that...
    "If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

How long do the RR last?
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

Blog Entries
    It really depends on the typical surfaces you're rolling on. I put a set on my "house" chair, which only sees hardwood floors, slate tile, and deck boards. They've been on since 2010. Still fine. They only lasted me about a year and a half on my "out and about" chair.

Quote Originally Posted by Crappler View Post
    How long do the RR last?
    rr plus last nearly as long as mp. rr last much less. i have over 850 miles of hard use on rr plus using a stricker attachable.
    to be clear rr plus are same cost as mp per tire. regular rr are much less, about half that.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer