Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will these foam Foot Liners prevent "Foot Drop"?

I found these "Medline Industries MDT823330 HEELMEDIX Heel Protectors" on Amazon.com and was wondering how do these compare to the Prevalon Heel Protector. For starters, they are much cheaper in price, and one customer says the velcro lasts longer than Prevalon's. I like the fact that they come with Mesh bags for washing them in the washing machine. Don't know about the overall build quality though. Check out the video too.

• Closure Type Hook & Loop
    • Inner material is absorbent
    • Mesh laundry bag included
    • Inner lining helps reduce friction and shear on heels
    • Inner material is absorbent, keeping the skin dry
    • Helps protect against foot drop
    • Multiple strapping options for custom fit, comfort and results
    • Color coded tags for quick size identification

| You Save:
    | $5.00 (10%)
    Price:$44.99 Free Shipping for Prime Members

https://www.amazon.com/Medline-Indus...ustomerReviews

We evaluated those (when I was still working) and both our staff and clients who tried them found the Sage Prevalon superior for staying in place when applied, and not causing as much sweating of the feet.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    We evaluated those (when I was still working) and both our staff and clients who tried them found the Sage Prevalon superior for staying in place when applied, and not causing as much sweating of the feet.

(KLD)

Great. Those are important factors I'll take into consideration...thanks again for all your help!

I have the Prevalon boots in my shopping cart and ready to order them. Before I place this order I need to know one more thing: Are the wedges detachable and can be re-attached and used *only when needed*? I ask because as a quad I can position myself in bed (with some struggle, of course, Lol) but those wedges look like they will be a big hassle and also prevent me from turning side to side at night and throughout the day. I do admit that I tend to favor laying on my right side A LOT.
    Last edited by UrbanWheeler76; 08-17-2018 at 07:10 AM.

The wedges can be detached. I would recommend getting the ones with the wedges though, as they are superior in keeping your feet in a neutral position (vs. externally rotated) when you are flat on your back, and keeping pressure off your external ankle bones (maleolus). You can use the wedges when needed, or not.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

The wedges can be detached. I would recommend getting the ones with the wedges though, as they are superior in keeping your feet in a neutral position (vs. externally rotated) when you are flat on your back, and keeping pressure off your external ankle bones (maleolus). You can use the wedges when needed, or not.

(KLD)
    Thanks SCI-Nurse for that important info about the wedge feature/s: The detachability [sp] was almost a deal breaker for me. Anyway, I submitted my order. :-)

The wedges can be detached.
    ...You can use the wedges when needed, or not.
    (KLD)
    I just received my Prevalon Heel Protector III from FedEx, and I was shock and somewhat angered to discover that the wedges ARE NOT DETACHEABLE as you said they were!!! The only way they can be removed is if they are cut off...which I'm not gonna do! Sorry to say this, but I can't help but wonder what else is incorrect about what you wrote about these boots. <SMDH>.

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanWheeler76 View Post
    I just received my Prevalon Heel Protector III from FedEx, and I was shock and somewhat angered to discover that the wedges ARE NOT DETACHEABLE as you said they were!!! The only way they can be removed is if they are cut off...which I'm not gonna do! Sorry to say this, but I can't help but wonder what else is incorrect about what you wrote about these boots. <SMDH>.
    Well, aren't you appreciative!

Yes, we just cut them off. They are attached to prevent the wedges from getting lost. Sorry you don't want recommendations. Won't make any more for you.

(KLD)