Thread: Tilite angle adjustable backrest

Tilite angle adjustable backrest

I was convinced I'd seen something, possibly here, about TiLite bringing out an angle adjustable 'on the fly' (i.e. while in the chair) backrest. I can't find anything about it, now. Am I dreaming it?! Does anyone know anything about it and/or know of any other manuals (except icon) with adjustable without tools backrest angle? I'm not after a lot of adjustment - 5 degrees each way or so.

Blog Entries
    Icon did that. Dunno about TiLite.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

The only true "on the fly" backrest is on the PDG Elevation. Ki and Quickie rigid frames can be modified to be on the fly. TiLite's new design allows the angle to be adjusted while the user is in the chair, but it still requires tools.

There was also an on the fly version of the ADI back that was developed with the Human Engineering Research Laboratory in Pittsburgh, but it never came to market.

Blog Entries
    I can easily reach behind and twist the turn-buckle on my Icon's backrest to adjust angle while riding it. Maybe not an intentional design but a functional one, for me, none the less. (T12/L1).
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

I have since learned that the Rogue couldn't be modified (By talking chairs with the folks from Ki here at the PVA Summit) .

Regarding the Icon A1, some might be able to adjust it, others may not. Depends on the configuration.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    The only true "on the fly" backrest is on the PDG Elevation. Ki and Quickie rigid frames can be modified to be on the fly. TiLite's new design allows the angle to be adjusted while the user is in the chair, but it still requires tools.

There was also an on the fly version of the ADI back that was developed with the Human Engineering Research Laboratory in Pittsburgh, but it never came to market.
    Thanks! Shame about the ADI back not reaching market. Can you tell me more about the Quickie rigid frame which can have on the fly adjustment?

Blog Entries
    I've always liked the idea of the Elevation. It seems like I run into several instances a day where just a few inches, either way, would make something much easier. I don't under stand how the foot rest height works with the anti-sheer lift (is that an option or just how it works?). Either way, it's got a clean, mostly conventional, design aesthetic, too, which I like.