Thread: Cystoscope

Cystoscope

Hi. I will be getting a cystoscopy done next month. Is it normally done through the penis or the Supra pubic catheter?
    thanks

I have a supra pubic catheter, and the cystoscopies I have had have been through the urethra, not the supra pubic stoma.
    Last edited by gjnl; 08-04-2018 at 10:41 AM.

Mine were done through the stoma because my urethra has a stricture.

It depends on your situation. They can be done either way.
    ckf
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    It depends on your situation. They can be done either way.
    ckf
    I having one next week at Craig Hosp (my 36th I think) and they have always went through the super tube hole.

They will try through the urethra. Sometimes it has been closed or there is narrowing. Then they will go through SP.
    CWO
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.