Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lasher Sport Wheelchairs

Lasher Sport Wheelchairs

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about Lasher- are they still in business or what? We put a deposit on a new chair in April with an expected delivery of 8-10 weeks- we have sent emails and left messages on their phone but no response at all. I assume they are still in business since they are posting pictures on FB still.
    In God we trust, all others must prove themselves.

Blog Entries
    This is typical, unfortunately. Once they get the deposit they go silent. Horrible customer service. I own 2. 8-10 weeks is what they tell you but it is more like 10-15, at best. I waited 6 1/2 months for one. Good luck. I'm personally done with them. I've heard from other folks, after dropping $15k on a hand-cycle, they can't get ahold of them either. One day a shipping notice pops up.

Supposed to have a "life time warranty" but when I called once to get a replacement part I was told by Bill Lasher himself, "I make wheelchairs, I don't make wheelchair parts." They're great chairs, I've had one for 10 years and its still rolling fine, but they are a shit organization to work with. Absolutely shit.
    "If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    This is typical, unfortunately. Once they get the deposit they go silent. Horrible customer service. I own 2. 8-10 weeks is what they tell you but it is more like 10-15, at best. I waited 6 1/2 months for one. Good luck. I'm personally done with them. I've heard from other folks, after dropping $15k on a hand-cycle, they can't get ahold of them either. One day a shipping notice pops up.

Supposed to have a "life time warranty" but when I called once to get a replacement part I was told by Bill Lasher himself, "I make wheelchairs, I don't make wheelchair parts." They're great chairs, I've had one for 10 years and its still rolling fine, but they are a shit organization to work with. Absolutely shit.
    Damn that is disappointing, they were on my list for a chair early next year, and I've also got an off-road handcycle on my list of wants, which they were on too. Thank you for the feedback.

I have been wondering the same thing if he’s gone out of business? I have tried repeatedly to reach him by email and phone leaving several messages with no reply back. I gave my deposit 8 weeks ago which he emailed and asked for to get me on the production list. This will be my third chair from him. It’s to bad the customer service is so horrible because he has the best chairs on the market. Keep me posted if you hear anything

That's weird because they post daily on instagram. I don't have any experience with them but they look like some of the best quality chairs/hand cycles I've seen.

Maybe dispute the credit card charge for the deposit?
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad09 View Post
    That's weird because they post daily on instagram. I don't have any experience with them but they look like some of the best quality chairs/hand cycles I've seen.

They probably are. Like I said, I've gotten 10 years out of one that shows no signs of slowing down anytime soon. The upholstery hasn't even sagged a bit (that carbon fiber racing sail cloth stuff).

I wouldn't discourage anyone, with the money to spare, from getting one, but you just gotta be willing to throw your money into a black hole for 6 months and wait. And wait. And wait. And hope, if you ever do need a part, they won't tell you, "No." I suspect their warranty technically only covers the frame itself. They wouldn't help me at all with a part for my 2nd one.

Great chairs, though, to be sure. Unfortunately I also should add, I don't think they're better enough than, say, a TiLite ZR, to justify being twice as expensive. There is no value proposition in a Lasher, IMO, but they're probably "the best", I agree. If they were $4,500 chairs, then they'd be perfect. Mine were both ~$7,500. They'd better last at that price, and they do seem to.
    "If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Flights to Vegas are cheap. Just show up at his shop and he'll have to answer your questions. It's a pretty cool place too. I was like a kid in a candy store when I went.
    Push me to the limit,
    maybe I may bend,
    but I will not be broken.
    -Bonnie Raitt

Quote Originally Posted by mopar4ever View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about Lasher- are they still in business or what? We put a deposit on a new chair in April with an expected delivery of 8-10 weeks- we have sent emails and left messages on their phone but no response at all. I assume they are still in business since they are posting pictures on FB still.
    I went to Lasher headquarters Las Vegas couple of years into when we primarily went for some gambling on the strip. It is a small operation in a strip mall. I spent maybe two hours talking to the owner and he measured me for a chair, I picked out a beautiful candy apple red color and was very excited to see the chairs and the operation. When I went back home I was all set to give him a deposit on a chair so I called and I emailed and I called and I emailed without any response whatsoever. I would never deal with this guy or this company ever! Thank God I never gave him a deposit. Such a colossal disappointment and a terrible terrible businessman.

Blog Entries
    Sad. I hate to say it, but things seemed to fall apart after Bill, Sr. passed. He was the front of the house guy and was a pleasure to deal with. I'm pretty sure Bill, Jr. sold the operation when it was moved to Las Vegas, but don't quote me on that. New owner's name is Scott, IIRC. Maybe he was always there...not entirely certain. Sad to hear another tale of woe. They are terrific chairs.